University of California at San Diego researchers Tuesday are presenting a paper describing software that they say could make data center networks massively scalable.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
A powerhouse in wired network testing and monitoring made a big move into wireless LANs on Thursday as Fluke Networks announced an agreement to buy AirMagnet.
Nortel is reportedly close to receiving an offer for its Carrier VoIP business.
Zimbabwe has started developing a fiber-optic cable aimed at improving the country's telecommunications in a bid to regain its position as having the second-fastest-growing communications sector in Southern Africa.
Looking to build a blazing Ethernet network that will exclusively support science research, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, is receiving US$62 million to develop what it calls the world's fastest computer network.
Samsung has announced an exclusive deal with Optus for the local launch of its new NC10 netbook.
Despite recent drama, Google Voice will soon be available for iPhone -- as a Web-based app, says The New York Times.
Nortel Networks' CEO Mike Zafirovski will leave the troubled provider of telecommunications equipment in the coming weeks, The Wall Street Journal reported on Saturday, citing anonymous sources.
Disney claims its first use of an 802.11 wireless network to operate an amusement park rides is a hit.
A gloomy economy hasn't stopped the growth of the Ethernet services industry.
Nearly a third of Europeans have never been online, according to a EU report.
Telstra has been flexing its next generation muscles in a trial which could speed up the telco's existing network infrastructure between capital cities.
eBay has begun developing an alternative to the P2P technology used by Skype as a licensing dispute drags on and threatens to close the popular IP telephony service.
A group of developers has released open-source software that gives administrators a hand in making the Internet's addressing system less vulnerable to hackers.
Australians can now track the progress of the Federal Government’s $43 billion National Broadband Network (NBN), as the fibre-to-the-premises network is rolled out to homes and workplaces across the country.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- FTIT Support Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- FTGraduate IT Administration SupportVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC