Some wireless access points from Cisco Systems have a vulnerability that could allow a hacker to redirect traffic outside the enterprise or potentially gain access to an entire corporate network, a security company said.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - News
Cisco Systems downplayed a vulnerability in some of its wireless access points, reporting Tuesday that there is no risk of data loss or interception.
How often do you go to make a call on your cell phone and you're stymied by a bad connection?
University of California at San Diego researchers Tuesday are presenting a paper describing software that they say could make data center networks massively scalable.
A powerhouse in wired network testing and monitoring made a big move into wireless LANs on Thursday as Fluke Networks announced an agreement to buy AirMagnet.
Nortel is reportedly close to receiving an offer for its Carrier VoIP business.
Zimbabwe has started developing a fiber-optic cable aimed at improving the country's telecommunications in a bid to regain its position as having the second-fastest-growing communications sector in Southern Africa.
Looking to build a blazing Ethernet network that will exclusively support science research, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, is receiving US$62 million to develop what it calls the world's fastest computer network.
Samsung has announced an exclusive deal with Optus for the local launch of its new NC10 netbook.
Despite recent drama, Google Voice will soon be available for iPhone -- as a Web-based app, says The New York Times.
Nortel Networks' CEO Mike Zafirovski will leave the troubled provider of telecommunications equipment in the coming weeks, The Wall Street Journal reported on Saturday, citing anonymous sources.
Disney claims its first use of an 802.11 wireless network to operate an amusement park rides is a hit.
A gloomy economy hasn't stopped the growth of the Ethernet services industry.
Nearly a third of Europeans have never been online, according to a EU report.
Telstra has been flexing its next generation muscles in a trial which could speed up the telco's existing network infrastructure between capital cities.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- Telstra’s ‘Free Data Day” sets new record for mobile downloads
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (System Backup Operation) 161014/ITA/523Asia
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- CCInfrastructure & Security Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Commercial and Bid ManagerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- FTProject ManagerSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW