Zimbabwe has started developing a fiber-optic cable aimed at improving the country's telecommunications in a bid to regain its position as having the second-fastest-growing communications sector in Southern Africa.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Looking to build a blazing Ethernet network that will exclusively support science research, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, is receiving US$62 million to develop what it calls the world's fastest computer network.
Samsung has announced an exclusive deal with Optus for the local launch of its new NC10 netbook.
Despite recent drama, Google Voice will soon be available for iPhone -- as a Web-based app, says The New York Times.
Nortel Networks' CEO Mike Zafirovski will leave the troubled provider of telecommunications equipment in the coming weeks, The Wall Street Journal reported on Saturday, citing anonymous sources.
Disney claims its first use of an 802.11 wireless network to operate an amusement park rides is a hit.
A gloomy economy hasn't stopped the growth of the Ethernet services industry.
Nearly a third of Europeans have never been online, according to a EU report.
Telstra has been flexing its next generation muscles in a trial which could speed up the telco's existing network infrastructure between capital cities.
eBay has begun developing an alternative to the P2P technology used by Skype as a licensing dispute drags on and threatens to close the popular IP telephony service.
A group of developers has released open-source software that gives administrators a hand in making the Internet's addressing system less vulnerable to hackers.
Australians can now track the progress of the Federal Government’s $43 billion National Broadband Network (NBN), as the fibre-to-the-premises network is rolled out to homes and workplaces across the country.
Mobile operators positioning themselves as 'smart enablers' in the industry must live up to the hype, global analyst firm Ovum warns telcos recently.
If you're the kind of person who walks down the street worrying about the depletion of IPv4 addresses, the iPhone can now tell you how long you have until that happens.
A US company has upgraded its cross-platform videoconferencing service and at the same time launched a new plan designed to broaden its appeal to the small to medium business (SMB) segment.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Linksys unveils a storage companion for its WRT-series routers, and a passel of other devices at CES 2015
- Old-school Wi-Fi is slowing down networks, Cisco says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- FTSOE EngineerQLD