LifeSize Communications and Radvision are taking two different routes toward high-definition desktop videoconferencing, both aiming to bring more participants into the virtual room.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
An Italian magistrate has issued an international arrest warrant for a Filipino hacker suspected of causing millions of dollars of losses to telecommunications multinationals, and Italian police have arrested five Pakistani nationals accused of explo...
Nortel customers remain optimistic despite the company's precarious situation, officials of Nortel's largest enterprise user group said this week.
Cisco is predicting that the advent of 4G> services will lead to an explosion of new video applications that will transform telecom service providers into what the company is dubbing "experience providers".
Eye-Fi today added to its popular line of wireless and geo tagging-capable memory cards. Called the Eye-Fi Pro, the newest SDHC wireless memory card has 4GB of storage and is geared toward professional photographers and serious photo hobbyists.
Kaspersky Lab has announced the launch of Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 during a Press briefing held on Thursday. According to a press release, Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 is a new generation product designed to protect home users from securi...
Intel's venture capital arm is investing US$43 million in a Tokyo-based WiMax operator that plans to launch the world's fastest WiMax service in July.
An invisible security weakness is lurking in most corporate networks in the form of millions of lines of code that represent the configuration scripts for all the devices on the network.
Juniper has unveiled what it claims is the first 100 Gigabit Ethernet router interface in the industry.
Network administrators and security specialists have long had tools and software for analyzing the streams of traffic that course through company systems, but now a Marlborough, Massachusetts, startup wants to make the process a lot easier.
Looking to improve indoor coverage for WiMAX devices, the WiMAX Forum is partnering with the Femto Forum to create a femtocell that routes WiMAX signals over landlines.
Aerohive Networks has introduced for its wireless LAN products a pre-shared encryption key that it says is more secure and easier to administer than the option in enterprise Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2), the widely used industry specification for ...
HP Wednesday announced a new mobile thin client, and software enhancements to improve the security and manageability of its desktop-based thin clients.
Verizon Business took its next step toward deploying 100Gbps by trialing its 100G optical service with the United Kingdom's national research and education network, JANET.
Cisco this week is extending its branch routers and LAN switches in an effort to improve the collaboration capabilities of enterprise customers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Can Wi-Fi and LTE-U live together? The tests are ready
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCEnterprise Application ArchitectQLD
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT