A group that includes Intel, Microsoft, Nokia and Panasonic plans to introduce a specification for short-range, gigabit-speed wireless networking by the end of this year.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Research In Motion and Cisco Systems are teaming up to let enterprises integrate their BlackBerrys with Cisco IP phones, providing single-number capability and other features.
A few years ago, Microsoft acquired voice recognition company Tellme, for a rumored US$800 million. After the deal, the Tellme team has remained relatively quiet -- until now. Microsoft has just announced improvements to the service that it says will...
The first commercial WiMax broadband wireless network in Taiwan opened for business on Monday.
Mobile operator 3 UK will allow users to enjoy unlimited Skype-to-Skype calls and messages without ever having to pay, as long as they have a compatible handset and a SIM card from the operator, it said on Thursday.
The government's $250 million splurge on backhaul may see an explosion in ADSL2+ exchanges, but the boom may be short-lived.
IT managers who are getting started with -- or even pushing the limits of -- 10 Gigabit Ethernet in their LANs and data centers won't have to wait long for higher speed connectivity.
A standards group on Tuesday approved specifications for a new Bluetooth standard that speeds up wireless data transfers between devices like smartphones and laptops.
Australian scientific agency the CSIRO reports that a $12 million upgrade to its radio telescope, which will boost bandwidth from 128 MHz to 2 GHz, is almost completed.
Cellcrypt, a British vendor of software for encrypting cell phone calls, has set up shop in Silicon Valley and is getting a product ready for North America's beloved BlackBerry.
Now that eBay has set a tentative timetable for spinning off Skype, the question becomes whether the Internet phone company can become a legitimate force as a voice service provider.
U.S. airlines are now piling on to the in-flight Wi-Fi bandwagon, with Alaska Airlines joining other airlines in expanding the service to more aircraft.
Analysts today called Tuesday's announcement that eBay Inc. is looking to spin off Skype via an initial public offering a smart move by the online auction house as it tries to get its house back in order.<br/>
Skype founders Janus Friis and Niklas Zennstrom are trying to <a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/11/technology/companies/11skype.html?_r=1">buy back</a> their Internet phone company from eBay, the New York Times reported over the weekend. The pa...
EBay plans to spin off Skype via an initial public offering (IPO) because the Internet telephony unit doesn't mesh with the company's two other businesses - e-commerce and online payments.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD