This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Wi-Fi is getting faster -- again. Today Wi-Fi chipmaker Broadcom announced its first chips based on the coming 802.11ac standard, the successor to today’s 802.11n Wi-Fi. Products based on 802.11ac are expected to begin appearing late this year, deliv...
Deciding what to buy friends and loved ones gifts for Christmas is never easy, but there are plenty of little gizmos to choose from if they are technically-minded. We've put together a little list of what we think would make useful and interesting gi...
Belkin's ScreenCast AV4 allows you to connect HDMI devices to your TV, even if those devices are located in another room.
Networking company NETGEAR today announced that it will offer a complimentary next business day, on-site hardware replacement service to its customers.
A Duke University grad student has come up with a way to double, or more, battery life in Wi-Fi devices, without any changes needed on the device itself. Essentially, the technique regulates how long and when client radios sleep, so that data transfe...
Alcatel-Lucent is charting a course to the next generation of carrier routers with new silicon that is focused today on delivering services from the edge of a network but could also power a massive packet engine for the core.
Microsoft will integrate Skype's calling features into many of its key products, including Office, the Xbox and its Windows Phone software, but it will it will also continue to offer Skype for competing platforms, CEO Steve Ballmer said Tuesday.
A Maryland man has been sentenced to seven years in prison for directing a multimillion-dollar warranty fraud scheme targeting Cisco Systems, the U.S. Department of Justice announced.
The Asia Pacific Network Information Centre (APNIC) has run out of all but a handful of IPv4 addresses that it is holding in reserve for start-up network operators.
A lot of coverage of IPv6 over the past few years gives the impression that you need to switch to IPv6 soon. That's not necessarily the case, though, especially for a consumer or a small business.
With nearly $100 million in new funding, Internet2, the faster, better Internet reserved for research and education, has embarked on an upgrade that will boost backbone capacity to a staggering 8.8Tbps and expand services to hundreds of thousands of ...
Seven segments of undersea data and telephone transmission cables that were damaged in the March 11 earthquake off Japan should be repaired by early May, an arm of Japan's biggest telecom group said on Friday.
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers has approved IEEE 802.16m, the standard for the next generation of WiMax, which may deliver downstream speeds of more than 300M bps (bits per second).
LG-Ericsson has recently introduced a variety of Ethernet switches specifically designed for small to medium businesses (SMBs).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Project SpecialistVIC
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - GeneralVIC
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCInfra & Application Specialist/ Devops SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- CCSAP IS Retail Functional LeadVIC
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCLinux EngineerVIC