Forecasting a significant drop in revenue for the fourth quarter, a J.P. Morgan analyst Tuesday reported that Cisco Systems Inc. "could" announce a 10% workforce reduction soon, equal to about 6,600 employees.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
The fiber cut that shut off phone and Internet service to thousands of San Francisco Bay Area residents on Thursday was fixed overnight, according to AT&T.
Flaws in popular Internet-based telephony systems could be exploited to create a network of hacked phone accounts, somewhat like the botnets that have been wreaking havoc with PCs for the past few years.
Dutch start-up Perzonae Unified Communications is working on a service that will combine e-mail, instant messaging and, later, calls and teleconferencing on PCs and mobile phones.
Apple seems to be laying the groundwork to introduce high-capacity, low-power 802.11n Wi-Fi to the iPod Touch, and presumably to its 3G-enabled companion, the iPhone.
3 Mobile will expand its roaming coverage and introduce new roaming pricing for users from mid April.
The Federal Government this morning unveiled its plans for the National Broadband Network (NBN). Spanning eight years and projected to cost $43 billion with split ownership between the Australian government and private telcos, the network will provid...
In the wake of Monday's earthquake in Italy, scientists and researchers working on early warnings systems said that knowing about an earthquake even just a few seconds before it hits can make a big difference to people in a stricken area.
Wireless devices will create a sea change in the way medicine can be practiced, a top U.S. doctor said Thursday at the CTIA conference in Las Vegas.
Clearwire is teaming up with Google, Cisco Systems and Intel to build a WiMax network in Silicon Valley for software developers to try out new applications on the fourth-generation mobile broadband technology.
U.S. lawmakers want to make sure they're collecting enough taxes on your VoIP service.
A developer is reporting that Google has banned his tethering application from the Android Market, one of the first hints that the store may not be as open as Google has promised.
Telstra today announced the opening of 37 new business centres across Australia, which the telco claims will help small to medium enterprises (SMEs) become more efficient.
Looking down the LAN road, the Terabit Ethernet milestone is very much in sight. While 3.2Tbps and 6.4Tbps speeds were demonstrated in test environments by Siemens/WorldCom and NEC/Nortel respectively starting in 2001, the first set of viable solutio...
Just in time for the start of the AFL season, Internode announced Friday it will provide free, round-the-clock Wi-Fi throughout the MCG stadium, under a three-year deal with the Melbourne Cricket Club.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- FTMobile DeveloperWA