Apple seems to be laying the groundwork to introduce high-capacity, low-power 802.11n Wi-Fi to the iPod Touch, and presumably to its 3G-enabled companion, the iPhone.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
3 Mobile will expand its roaming coverage and introduce new roaming pricing for users from mid April.
The Federal Government this morning unveiled its plans for the National Broadband Network (NBN). Spanning eight years and projected to cost $43 billion with split ownership between the Australian government and private telcos, the network will provid...
In the wake of Monday's earthquake in Italy, scientists and researchers working on early warnings systems said that knowing about an earthquake even just a few seconds before it hits can make a big difference to people in a stricken area.
Wireless devices will create a sea change in the way medicine can be practiced, a top U.S. doctor said Thursday at the CTIA conference in Las Vegas.
Clearwire is teaming up with Google, Cisco Systems and Intel to build a WiMax network in Silicon Valley for software developers to try out new applications on the fourth-generation mobile broadband technology.
U.S. lawmakers want to make sure they're collecting enough taxes on your VoIP service.
A developer is reporting that Google has banned his tethering application from the Android Market, one of the first hints that the store may not be as open as Google has promised.
Telstra today announced the opening of 37 new business centres across Australia, which the telco claims will help small to medium enterprises (SMEs) become more efficient.
Looking down the LAN road, the Terabit Ethernet milestone is very much in sight. While 3.2Tbps and 6.4Tbps speeds were demonstrated in test environments by Siemens/WorldCom and NEC/Nortel respectively starting in 2001, the first set of viable solutio...
Just in time for the start of the AFL season, Internode announced Friday it will provide free, round-the-clock Wi-Fi throughout the MCG stadium, under a three-year deal with the Melbourne Cricket Club.
Skype may launch a version of its mobile Voice-over-IP (VoIP) and instant messaging service as early as next week, according to a report from Om Malik of GigaOM. If true, the application could prove popular with cost-conscious iPhone users who'd like...
Bankruptcy courts will allow Nortel Networks to pay as much as US$7.3 million in incentive bonuses to eight key executives after creditors of the bankrupt communications equipment maker dropped their objections, the company has confirmed.
By all rights, mobile VoIP sounds like an enticing proposition for a lot of companies.
Business incentives are completely lacking today for upgrading to IPv6, the next generation Internet protocol, according to a survey of network operators conducted by the Internet Society (ISOC).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
- Google releases stylish $199 Wi-Fi router meant to be shown off
- iiNet unveils Social Post at Perth Arena
- Telstra officially launches its national Wi-Fi network
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst |Telecommunications / DigitalNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC