Skype may launch a version of its mobile Voice-over-IP (VoIP) and instant messaging service as early as next week, according to a report from Om Malik of GigaOM. If true, the application could prove popular with cost-conscious iPhone users who'd like...
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Bankruptcy courts will allow Nortel Networks to pay as much as US$7.3 million in incentive bonuses to eight key executives after creditors of the bankrupt communications equipment maker dropped their objections, the company has confirmed.
By all rights, mobile VoIP sounds like an enticing proposition for a lot of companies.
Business incentives are completely lacking today for upgrading to IPv6, the next generation Internet protocol, according to a survey of network operators conducted by the Internet Society (ISOC).
Next-generation DSL systems will enable bandwidths of more than 500M bits per second by bonding many copper lines and using advanced noise cancellation, Ericsson said on Monday.
The future does not look very bright for Skype, a day after Google announced it will launch a potential competitor and eBay's CEO said that the online auction company had basically failed in its efforts to integrate the voice-over-IP service.
Nortel may sell off more of itself than previously announced, leaving very little as a core business if all the speculated sales go through.
That PC keyboard you're using may be giving away your passwords. Researchers say they've discovered new ways to read what you're typing by aiming special wireless or laser equipment at the keyboard or by simply plugging into a nearby electrical socke...
Tired of having colleagues and friends miss you when they call your office while you're in the car with another phone? Or having to call into three or four different voicemail systems to get all of your messages?
Cisco Systems CEO John Chambers will unveil on Monday a new "unified computing" initiative which analysts said includes a blade server code-named California.
Tandberg and Polycom on Monday ventured again where many have failed before, each introducing a video phone for enterprise desktops.
After first announcing the service last year, Vodafone Australia is now accepting customers for its Vodafone Business One unified communications services aimed at small and medium businesses.
Linksys has announced the availability of its new-generation home media server, dubbed “Media Hub”, to the local market aimed at simplifying the management and distribution of digital content in homes and small businesses.
Alaska Airlines is the latest carrier to launch in-flight Wi-Fi, offering passengers on a specially equipped Boeing 737 a service that uses satellites instead of cellular towers to connect the plane to the Internet.
The bad economy may be a boon to relatively inexpensive open-source IP PBXs, which one study says already account for nearly 18% of all PBXs installed last year in North American business networks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSAP BW Hana DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCData Integration specialistACT
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Architect - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC