Next-generation DSL systems will enable bandwidths of more than 500M bits per second by bonding many copper lines and using advanced noise cancellation, Ericsson said on Monday.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
The future does not look very bright for Skype, a day after Google announced it will launch a potential competitor and eBay's CEO said that the online auction company had basically failed in its efforts to integrate the voice-over-IP service.
Nortel may sell off more of itself than previously announced, leaving very little as a core business if all the speculated sales go through.
That PC keyboard you're using may be giving away your passwords. Researchers say they've discovered new ways to read what you're typing by aiming special wireless or laser equipment at the keyboard or by simply plugging into a nearby electrical socke...
Tired of having colleagues and friends miss you when they call your office while you're in the car with another phone? Or having to call into three or four different voicemail systems to get all of your messages?
Cisco Systems CEO John Chambers will unveil on Monday a new "unified computing" initiative which analysts said includes a blade server code-named California.
Tandberg and Polycom on Monday ventured again where many have failed before, each introducing a video phone for enterprise desktops.
After first announcing the service last year, Vodafone Australia is now accepting customers for its Vodafone Business One unified communications services aimed at small and medium businesses.
Linksys has announced the availability of its new-generation home media server, dubbed “Media Hub”, to the local market aimed at simplifying the management and distribution of digital content in homes and small businesses.
Alaska Airlines is the latest carrier to launch in-flight Wi-Fi, offering passengers on a specially equipped Boeing 737 a service that uses satellites instead of cellular towers to connect the plane to the Internet.
The bad economy may be a boon to relatively inexpensive open-source IP PBXs, which one study says already account for nearly 18% of all PBXs installed last year in North American business networks.
The NSW government has spent more than $5 million issuing police with portable digital fingerprint scanners to stop criminals weaseling out of fines, arrest warrants, court appearances and breaches of bail.
Australian ISP iiNet has teamed up with Starbucks to offer its customers free Wi-Fi access at a selection of the coffee chain's stores.
Cisco Systems is building a Trend Micro Internet security service into some home Wi-Fi routers to help protect families and small businesses from fraud, phishing and predators.
Cisco is not ruling out layoffs as it grapples with the worldwide economic downturn.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
- Google releases stylish $199 Wi-Fi router meant to be shown off
- iiNet unveils Social Post at Perth Arena
- Telstra officially launches its national Wi-Fi network
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCETL DeveloperNSW
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Managed Print ServicesNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW