Cisco Systems' revenue and net income for its fiscal second quarter fell from a year earlier as the company grappled with the global economic downturn.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Cisco Wednesday issued a security alert warning of a quartet of vulnerabilities affecting all of its wireless LAN controllers, including the Catalyst 6500 and 7600 wireless modules, with software version 4.2 or higher.
Cisco and HP last week armed themselves for an impending battle in the data center in which each company will invade the other's turf.
Cisco Systems Inc. has announced software for its switches designed to turn off Internet Protocol phones and wireless access points after normal working hours. Dubbed EnergyWise, the software will eventually be used in building control systems to a...
Cisco this week unveiled products specifically for small companies as part of its recently announced US$100 million commitment to that business market.
Cisco Systems is looking to reduce the energy consumption of network attached devices such as IP phones, laptops and access points using a new architecture called EnergyWise, the company announced at its user conference in Barcelona on Tuesday.
Cisco this week announced that it has purchased privately held Richards-Zeta Building Intelligence, a provider of middleware that enables businesses to integrate building infrastructure and IT applications over an IP network.
Cisco Tuesday unveiled vital extensions to its data center arsenal with additions to the Nexus switching line and enhancements to its Catalyst products, including software designed to let the switches control the energy consumption of attached device...
Cisco System launched a major green initiative this week that includes free software to help customers use their networks to automatically turn off computers and network gear at night and whenever they aren't being used.
Just a few months ago, Dave Stevens began his second stint as CTO of Brocade. But this time, the company has much bigger aspirations. With the acquisition of Foundry having closed Dec. 19, Brocade is aiming to become Cisco's chief competitor for cust...
Hewlett-Packard's ProCurve networking division Monday announced an ambitious alliance with enterprise application vendors to optimize their software as it runs over ProCurve switches and other networking gear.
Enterprise IT shops might soon get another option for virtualizing their entire datacenter.
The Russian security company that caused a stir some months by talking up its cracking tool for recovering Wi-Fi encryption keys, has started selling its software to all-comers in a specially packaged product.
The Mumbai, India, police have launched their previously announced plan to secure Wi-Fi networks. A team of police is using a battery of devices to systematically identify and eliminate unsecured Wi-Fi networks in the wake of last year's attacks, whe...
TransferJet wireless capability is getting closer to reality. The technology, which is being developed by major camera makers Sony, Olympus, Canon, Kodak, Nikon, is intended to make it easier for to transfer your images between devices wirelessly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Linksys unveils a storage companion for its WRT-series routers, and a passel of other devices at CES 2015
- Old-school Wi-Fi is slowing down networks, Cisco says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCETL DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC