The growth of 802.11n wireless LAN access points has been somewhat limited by a well-known problem with insufficient power to APs when using Power-over-Ethernet connections.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Networking company D-Link Systems is already seeing consumers and businesses switching to 802.11n, even though the wireless LAN technology isn't a ratified standard.
Being out of the office without a PC will no longer be an excuse for missing meetings on Cisco Systems' WebEx Meeting Center and Unified MeetingPlace conferencing systems.
The Wireless Power Consortium hopes to make powering portable electronic devices simpler by offering a standard way to recharge them without wires.
For Avaya, 2009 could solidify the company's top spot on the unified communications sales charts, putting it in the best position to reap even more as the world economy improves in the years following, industry experts say.
Internet-based cyberattacks are becoming increasingly sophisticated and specialized as profit-driven criminals continue to hone their approach to stealing data from businesses, employees and consumers, according to a Cisco study released this week.
The Free Software Foundation Thursday slapped Cisco with a lawsuit claiming copyright infringement related to Cisco's Linksys wireless routers.
Cisco next year will unveil a new release of its unified communications software that will let companies more effectively collaborate with each other.
The Prince of Wales Medical Research Institute (POWMRI) will replace its PABX with a 1000-seat communications platform to connect roaming staff and monitor its tissue preservation freezers, and physical security network.
Cisco's "Big Bang" switching upgrade will emerge in late January and encompass more than just the Catalyst 6500.
Cisco will add real-time translation to its TelePresence high-definition conference technology next year, enabling people in several different countries to meet virtually and each hear the other participants' comments in their own languages.
Cisco Systems will shift resources into new product areas next year, including making a major push into homes, Chairman and CEO John Chambers said Tuesday.
Hewlett-Packard has inked a $1.2 million contract to outfit a new $99 million research and education centre at the Royal North Shore Hospital (RNSH) with fixed and wireless networks.
The Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) has called on Optus to roll out Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) to more than 7000 seats and upgrade its aging network. The deal is worth $143 million over the next four years.
Cisco this week is expected to unveil the first in a series of enterprise products designed to intelligently process video traffic in a network.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
- Google releases stylish $199 Wi-Fi router meant to be shown off
- iiNet unveils Social Post at Perth Arena
- Telstra officially launches its national Wi-Fi network
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCProgrammer/Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Moblie) 160115/AP/P/vhaAsia
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCChange LeadNSW