Microsoft is pushing unified communications as a way to save money and increase revenues in hard economic times, according to a keynote at VoiceCon San Francisco 2008.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - News
Most enterprise IT officials believe their company's employees pose a greater threat to data security than any outside source.
Network convergence, as in unified communications across applications and between wired and wireless modes, again is a big theme at VoiceCon in San Francisco this week.
Cisco Systems announced Thursday that it is doubling the speed of its Aggregation Services Router (ASR) 1000 Series routers to 20Gbit/sec., only eight months after introducing the product line.
Telstra and Microsoft have announced a partnership to bring hosted mobile application and unified communication services to small businesses, including its own souped-up version of Windows Mobile developed locally.
Cisco is expected to unveil a new service provider edge router on November 11 that's likely to succeed its aging 7600 series Ethernet platforms, according to an analyst's report.
Avaya is planning a core server with which customers and independent software vendors can easily build presence, voice and other communications modes into business applications.
Cisco Systems Wednesday announced the first TelePresence videoconferencing rooms available for public use, demonstrating the technology simultaneously for reporters in four locations in India, the US and the UK.
Startup Quantenna Communications on Tuesday unveiled chips that it hopes Wi-Fi equipment vendors will use to improve the performance of wireless home networking products over the next year.
Bloomberg reported last week that American Airlines flight attendants are urging their employer to block passengers from using inflight Internet access to view pornography and other inappropriate Web content.
Nortel this week unveiled a unified communications platform for small-to-midsized businesses that the company says allows them to save up to 70% of their investment in legacy Nortel phone systems.
Cisco’s Linksys unit this week unveiled a wireless Internet surveillance camera for small and midsize businesses.
Can Wi-Fi make you smarter?
As wireless devices become more numerous within businesses, their convenience will be counterbalanced by an increasing potential for security problems, according to a Gartner analyst.
Bringing wireless network access to remote work sites like mines and railways is always a challenge so a team of Aussie engineers have thrown a Wi-Fi mesh access point on the back of a custom-built tailor which is powered by the sun.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Chips coming by June will herald the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
- Can Wi-Fi and LTE-U live together? The tests are ready
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProject Manager (Event Management)NSW
- CCFinance Analyst/ Project SpecialistVIC
- CCWPF .NET EngineerNSW
- FTConsultant Business AnalystQLD
- TPProject Manager to manage two concurrent ProjectsQLD
- CCUser Experience Designer - Part time - Short contractACT
- CCGIS Developer - GeocortexWA
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Mobile Application DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)QLD
- TPImplementation Business Partner - Business ModernisationNSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCWeb Ops EngineerACT
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- CCSystems Engineer (Infra)NSW
- CCData Migration Consultant - LeadNSW
- TPSOE AdministratorQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW