On one of my favorite lists, we just had an amusing discussion about naming computers. It seems that unless someone is running a server farm or hosting facility, where logical organization is de rigeur and computers are numbered according to some str...
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
A new technology will make it ridiculously easy to see if you are carrying or have consumed drugs or touched or have explosives on you.
Data center managers and equipment vendors looking for greener alternatives will begin to benefit this year from a major initiative aimed at reducing the power consumed by Ethernet equipment. IEEE 802.3az, or the Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE) stand...
Sounds like a crazy question, in this era of Facebook, Twitter and a "digital millennial" generation that's grown up never not knowing the Internet.
Cisco has won much attention from consumer news sites since the New York Times reported Monday that the networking giant at CES this week is expected to unveil a digital stereo system that can move music wirelessly around a house, among other consume...
The beginning of a new year normally is a time to reflect; it's all the more so when the network industry is facing (along with the rest of the economy) a major financial crisis. We are of a generation that has taken network growth for granted, that ...
Whenever I plan and configure an enterprise WLAN system, I always advise that an additional 10 to 20 percent of the capital budget be reserved for expansion and filling in holes in coverage or capacity that couldn't be anticipated during the planning...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProgram Technical Director- Migration to SAP HR PayrollNSW
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- FT.Net Junior DeveloperNSW
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/JAVA/Oracle) 160504/SA/vtdAsia
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTApplication Manager | Telco IndustryVIC
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- FTSystem testersACT
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- CCService Desk OperatorACT
- CCAEM/CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCProject Support CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC