The Viper is an ADSL2+ modem and wireless router in one, and it supports 802.11ac speeds up to 1300Mbps (megabits per second). What does this mean? It's quick, but you need supported devices to get the most out of it.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - Reviews
Linksys released its flagship WRT1900AC, 802.11ac router a good few months ago now, and our intention was to bring you our review after one month of solid usage. The key word here is 'solid', as it's something that this router failed to exhibit in it...
There are two things about D-Link’s AC1900 (DIR-880L) wireless router that you should know: it supports 802.11ac Wi-Fi, and its Web interface sparkles from cleanliness. D-Link has made an attempt to simplify this router by a great measure, and, for t...
The BiPAC 8800AXL is Billion’s 802.11ac wireless router product, which can be used to distribute an ADSL2+ connection, or even fibre or mobile broadband. It’s a neat little unit that’s easy to install and use, and it proved to be reliable in our test...
Belkin's AC1750 is one of the company's ADSL2+ modem-router products that doesn't actually feature the modem inside the main body. Instead, the modem is located in the power adapter, with the router being separate. It's a router that's dual-band, it ...
TP-Link's Archer D7 is a networking do-it-all for your home. It packs in an ADSL2+ modem, Gigabit Ethernet, and, most importantly, fast wireless in the form of 802.11ac with a rating of 1300Mbps. As is usual with TP-Link products, it represents good ...
Sitting at the peak of Netgear’s consumer router mountain, the Nighthawk R7000 is a high-powered unit that’s aimed at gamers and anyone else who wants to supercharge their home network. It features the latest wireless standard, 802.11ac, and it has a...
Belkin's AC1800 Dual Band Wireless Modem Router is a two-in-one ADSL2+ modem-router with an 802.11ac wireless performance of up to 1300Mbps. It maintains the physical shape and exterior finish of other recent Belkin routers that we've tested, and its...
Actiontec's ScreenBeam Pro WiDi (wireless display) device is one that can be used easily and conveniently to stream the contents of your laptop or phone screen to a big-screen TV. It works with the latest Intel Wi-Fi chips that support WiDi, and it s...
TP-Link's TD-W8980 is an ADSL2+ modem-router that's fit to the run the Internet distribution needs of a fairly typical home network. We found it to be a reliable performer during our extended test period, and it was also very easy to set-up and use. ...
A new shape has been embraced by D-Link and it's cylindrical. The company's DSL-2890AL modem-router immediately stands out because of its tall and round design, but it's also got plenty of good stuff inside. It's an 802.11ac router that can supply fa...
Sometimes there's nothing better than a wireless router with the lot. In iiNet's case, though, there is. The company's Labs division has come up with an all-in-one modem-router that not only incorporates VoIP features and storage sharing functions, b...
Wi-Fi routers aren’t usually the most impressive products in any company’s arsenal, and you’d be forgiven for thinking that they’re just beige boxes hiding underneath your desk. But this one is different -- Asus’s RT-N66U is a Wireless-N Wi-Fi router...
Apart from its funky styling and a triple antenna array, what sets the ASUS DSL-N55U apart from other modem-routers that we've tested is its interface. It has one of the more graphical Web interfaces we've seen, and we think it makes the N55U a pleas...
You don't get the current fastest wireless networking standard with the Billion BiPAC 7800NXL, but what you do get is a reliable ADSL2+ modem-router that can also make use of 3G and 4G mobile broadband modems. It's fairly simple to set up, it has a g...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
- Can Wi-Fi and LTE-U live together? The tests are ready
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystWA
- TPIT Document Writer And TrainerVIC
- CCChange Manager (Office365) required for leading digital innovator in SydneyNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCSecurity SpecialistVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD
- CCProduct Manager - TV and MediaNSW
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorVIC
- FTService Lifecycle Management LeadVIC
- CCSenior Project AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- FTService Desk Consultant - Entry Level / GraduateOther
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- TPAnalyst Work Place SupportVIC
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCHelp Desk Support Engineer - Finance/TradingNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Investment/Trading PlatformNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraNSW