Linksys released its flagship WRT1900AC, 802.11ac router a good few months ago now, and our intention was to bring you our review after one month of solid usage. The key word here is 'solid', as it's something that this router failed to exhibit in it...
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - Reviews
There are two things about D-Link’s AC1900 (DIR-880L) wireless router that you should know: it supports 802.11ac Wi-Fi, and its Web interface sparkles from cleanliness. D-Link has made an attempt to simplify this router by a great measure, and, for t...
The BiPAC 8800AXL is Billion’s 802.11ac wireless router product, which can be used to distribute an ADSL2+ connection, or even fibre or mobile broadband. It’s a neat little unit that’s easy to install and use, and it proved to be reliable in our test...
Belkin's AC1750 is one of the company's ADSL2+ modem-router products that doesn't actually feature the modem inside the main body. Instead, the modem is located in the power adapter, with the router being separate. It's a router that's dual-band, it ...
TP-Link's Archer D7 is a networking do-it-all for your home. It packs in an ADSL2+ modem, Gigabit Ethernet, and, most importantly, fast wireless in the form of 802.11ac with a rating of 1300Mbps. As is usual with TP-Link products, it represents good ...
Sitting at the peak of Netgear’s consumer router mountain, the Nighthawk R7000 is a high-powered unit that’s aimed at gamers and anyone else who wants to supercharge their home network. It features the latest wireless standard, 802.11ac, and it has a...
Belkin's AC1800 Dual Band Wireless Modem Router is a two-in-one ADSL2+ modem-router with an 802.11ac wireless performance of up to 1300Mbps. It maintains the physical shape and exterior finish of other recent Belkin routers that we've tested, and its...
Actiontec's ScreenBeam Pro WiDi (wireless display) device is one that can be used easily and conveniently to stream the contents of your laptop or phone screen to a big-screen TV. It works with the latest Intel Wi-Fi chips that support WiDi, and it s...
TP-Link's TD-W8980 is an ADSL2+ modem-router that's fit to the run the Internet distribution needs of a fairly typical home network. We found it to be a reliable performer during our extended test period, and it was also very easy to set-up and use. ...
A new shape has been embraced by D-Link and it's cylindrical. The company's DSL-2890AL modem-router immediately stands out because of its tall and round design, but it's also got plenty of good stuff inside. It's an 802.11ac router that can supply fa...
Sometimes there's nothing better than a wireless router with the lot. In iiNet's case, though, there is. The company's Labs division has come up with an all-in-one modem-router that not only incorporates VoIP features and storage sharing functions, b...
Wi-Fi routers aren’t usually the most impressive products in any company’s arsenal, and you’d be forgiven for thinking that they’re just beige boxes hiding underneath your desk. But this one is different -- Asus’s RT-N66U is a Wireless-N Wi-Fi router...
Apart from its funky styling and a triple antenna array, what sets the ASUS DSL-N55U apart from other modem-routers that we've tested is its interface. It has one of the more graphical Web interfaces we've seen, and we think it makes the N55U a pleas...
You don't get the current fastest wireless networking standard with the Billion BiPAC 7800NXL, but what you do get is a reliable ADSL2+ modem-router that can also make use of 3G and 4G mobile broadband modems. It's fairly simple to set up, it has a g...
Belkin's AC1200 is part of the new breed of wireless routers that can make use of the 802.11ac specification. It's a stylish unit that's relatively straightforward to install, and its wireless and wired networking performance were both reliable in ou...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
- Can Wi-Fi and LTE-U live together? The tests are ready
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS ASP.NET) 161103/AP/269Asia
- TPSenior Finance Systems AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager, SuperannuationNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCContract Senior IT Assistant (Lotus Notes) 161101/SITA/571Asia
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Health Industry - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCTest Analyst : AutomationNSW
- CCProgram Architect - Payment/CardsVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Commercial LinesVIC
- FTMid-Senior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTCRM Business Process AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- CCCisco Voice ConsultantWA
- CCProject Change ManagerNSW
- CCSAP GRC ConsultantACT
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT roleNSW
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantVIC