Picture this: You're sitting down
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
We're at an awkward stage as the age of network-streamed multimedia matures. Broadband and cell providers have only recently realized the public's enormous appetite for streaming video, VoIP, and the combination of both.
Given the importance of telephone systems, refreshing the technology can be daunting. However, for small and midsized businesses who consider upgrading from a PBX to VoIP, the benefits are clear and, with proper planning, the implementation is not ve...
A reader has noticed that the Wi-Fi at her local library has slowed considerably in recent months, and she's wondering what's causing it: "Is it our computers, bogged down with too much junk, or is it something to do with the library's system?"
I'm a big fan of working at offsite locations--meaning my local Wi-Fi-equipped coffee shop. In fact, I'll often spend the afternoon hunkered down at Panera Bread, iced tea in one hand and a French Toast bagel in the other. (It's bad form to set up sh...
Have you ever broken the connector on an Ethernet cable, but didn't want to go out and buy a replacement? If you only have one or two broken cable heads, it's probably not worth it to find a crimper and new RJ45 connectors. This quick, clever, and ...
Your PC will crash, your camera will break, your network will fail, and your printer will chew up paper.
Hair-pullingly bad experiences with wireless networking have led me to formulate Snyder's First Law of Home Networking: No matter who sells you the router, you'll have at least one excruciating session with tech support before you have an Internet co...
Whether your setup is wired or wireless, we have the cable know-how you need for your network.
Whether you're an IT pro or the go-to geek in your social circle, often the biggest hassle in fixing a computer problem is simply getting to the PC that needs help.
I'm a big fan of Windows 7's Libraries feature, which makes it easy to find the documents, music, pictures, and videos scattered across various locations on your hard drive.
With Windows 7, you can more easily share files and printers across a network via the new HomeGroups feature. HomeGroups lets you connect to files and printers with a group password - if all the PCs have Windows 7. But I'll show you how to get your W...
Raul Maristany wants to add WiFi to an aging laptop. Is it possible? If the laptop has a PC card slot, it should be able to take a wireless PC card.
Networking isn't just for business anymore--these days, home networks are the norm.
Network problems are the thorniest to resolve. They've been known to reduce my vocabulary to curses so strong they'd embarrass Quentin Tarantino.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- FTBA/Technical Project Manager/Product ManagerQLD
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- FTTechnical Writer - Sydney BasedNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW