One of the benefits of open source software that many people are most familiar with is that it's free to download. This means you can grab great applications -- such as Mozilla's Firefox Web browser, the OpenOffice.org office suite or the GIMP photo ...
Microsoft has some big plans for the future of the PC if alleged Windows 8-related documents recently leaked online are correct. Nearly 18 documents--supposedly confidential internal Microsoft plans--have surfaced, including one called "Modern Form F...
The apps you use most--your Web browser, productivity tools, media managers, and Windows and its built-in accessories--are more powerful than you realize. They are loaded with unpublicized features that make your PC easier to use, they respond to sup...
Apple has long had a history of being arrogant. But, more often than not, they've been able to back it up by the quality of their products.
Tired of the stale cookie-cutter designs that make all laptops look basically alike? You're not alone. A group of intrepid designers and engineers is doing something about the "sameness syndrome" that permeates notebook design. They're working on gro...
Apple's iPad is now settling in Down Under after a much-hyped launch last month -- including the opening of Apple's new Bondi Junction Store.
If you read the most recent revision of Apple's developer terms, it sure sounds like Apple is trying to keep its ad-rival--Google's recently acquired AdMob--off of the iPhone.
What did the Mac do to deserve this? Lately it seems as if Apple management is giving its Macintosh platform short shrift, instead favoring its younger, sexier mobile devices, also known as the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
While most of the attention of the tech world is focused today on the Steve Jobs keynote at Apple's WWDC event, Microsoft is hosting its own major event this week--TechEd. At TechEd, Microsoft revealed that it is working on service pack 1 (SP1) for W...
Apple's App Store approval process has always been a bit controversial because of the level of control the company holds over what types of applications are allowed in. Initially, there were concerns that Apple rejected apps because they duplicated f...
You now have less than a month to pick up a new desktop PC or notebook before the end of the financial year. We've rounded up some EOFY deals that might save you a bit of coin, or even win you a prize (if you're lucky enough).
One of the prevailing themes at the Computex conference this week is the coming onslaught of Android-based tablets. The iPad is leading the tablet charge--selling more than two million units in less than two months since its initial launch, but some ...
Google's Chrome OS is coming to a netbook near you sometime later this year. The Web-centric, Linux-based, open source platform will offer a lightweight, cost-effective alternative operating system for portable computing.
It's official: Google plans to debut its Chrome operating system in the fourth quarter of this year, although the company has yet to provide an exact launch date. Sundar Pichai, Google's vice president of product management, made the announcement W...
A few weeks ago I asked readers what they'd say to Steve Jobs, if they have the opportunity to email him. I promised to forward any emails onto Mr. Jobs himself.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- Monster gaming laptop from CybertronPC packs latest desktop hardware
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCService EngineerVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW