With Windows 7, Microsoft (MSFT) aims to please both consumers and businesses large and small.
The writing is on the wall. Despite a major push to sell the >uch-maligned Windows Vista, customers aren't buying.
A YouTube video succinctly titled "HP Computers Are Racist" received wide exposure earlier this week; Apparently, HP's Media Smart webcam's Face Tracking software has trouble tracking people with darker complexions.
HP did a good job responding to complaints by a black man that its computers "are racist" because the included PC facial recognition software did not follow his face properly.
Way, way, way too much is being made of the supposed impact Intel's new Atom N450 chip will have on the netbook and, by extension, laptop markets.
Here's a rhetorical question: How are netbooks any less attractive to consumers when Intel improves the Atom chips inside them?
Microsoft Windows 7 may represent the last ever, large in-mass upgrade of the Windows client environment and define the line where the desktop PC was no longer the center of the end-user universe, according to IDC.
The Federal Trade Commission's antitrust lawsuit against Intel marks the latest development in one of several antitrust cases that have dogged the world's largest chip maker for years. Here's a rundown of Intel's brushes with antitrust investigators ...
Look, I know you like the netbook idea -- and you love netbook prices. If you're like most people, you think tablets are expensive, slow, heavy and a pain to use. But if you've bought one, you know that netbooks aren't as great as they sound. And nex...
Despite Google's move into the operating system (OS) space, the idea of a primarily cloud-centric OS is nothing revolutionary; the earliest examples date back to 1999. And although numerous other attempts at developing Web-centric OSes none up to th...
Stocking stuffers and great gift ideas for young and old this Christmas
As users eagerly await tablets from companies like Apple and Microsoft, Fusion Garage jumped ahead with the demonstration of JooJoo, a handheld Internet and entertainment gadget with a 12.1-inch touch screen. Tablets are a new category of handheld de...
Since its highly ballyhooed rollout near the end of October, Windows 7 has been applauded by many as Microsoft's best operating system yet. But no OS is perfect, and that goes for Windows 7.
Experienced PC users know that not every operating-system upgrade goes smoothly -- but that bit of understanding does little to offset the annoyance we feel when we're faced with seemingly unresolvable installation problems. Windows 7 has presented s...
The netbook promises convenience and capability in a small, lightweight, and generally inexpensive package, and the concept of a smartbook goes even further: a handy-dandy combination of smartphone and notebook. Alas, most netbook offerings come burd...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- Monster gaming laptop from CybertronPC packs latest desktop hardware
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCRisk AnalystVIC