We'll go ahead and admit it: Sometimes we at PC World write articles that are not universally loved. In fact, some of our stories are downright despised.
Notebooks - Features
According to a rising chorus of rumors, Apple will announce its mythic tablet PC, possibly dubbed the iSlate, later this month. Combined with Lenovo's announcement of Skylight Smartbook, and its upcoming IdeaPad U1--a hybrid notebook and tablet PC, c...
With Apple expected to unveil its rumored tablet at the end of January, the debate over the usefulness of such a gadget has reached a fever pitch. Betanews's Joe Wilcox lit the fire by declaring that the world doesn't need an Apple tablet or any othe...
With Windows 7, Microsoft (MSFT) aims to please both consumers and businesses large and small.
The writing is on the wall. Despite a major push to sell the >uch-maligned Windows Vista, customers aren't buying.
A YouTube video succinctly titled "HP Computers Are Racist" received wide exposure earlier this week; Apparently, HP's Media Smart webcam's Face Tracking software has trouble tracking people with darker complexions.
HP did a good job responding to complaints by a black man that its computers "are racist" because the included PC facial recognition software did not follow his face properly.
Way, way, way too much is being made of the supposed impact Intel's new Atom N450 chip will have on the netbook and, by extension, laptop markets.
Here's a rhetorical question: How are netbooks any less attractive to consumers when Intel improves the Atom chips inside them?
Microsoft Windows 7 may represent the last ever, large in-mass upgrade of the Windows client environment and define the line where the desktop PC was no longer the center of the end-user universe, according to IDC.
The Federal Trade Commission's antitrust lawsuit against Intel marks the latest development in one of several antitrust cases that have dogged the world's largest chip maker for years. Here's a rundown of Intel's brushes with antitrust investigators ...
Look, I know you like the netbook idea -- and you love netbook prices. If you're like most people, you think tablets are expensive, slow, heavy and a pain to use. But if you've bought one, you know that netbooks aren't as great as they sound. And nex...
Despite Google's move into the operating system (OS) space, the idea of a primarily cloud-centric OS is nothing revolutionary; the earliest examples date back to 1999. And although numerous other attempts at developing Web-centric OSes none up to th...
Stocking stuffers and great gift ideas for young and old this Christmas
As users eagerly await tablets from companies like Apple and Microsoft, Fusion Garage jumped ahead with the demonstration of JooJoo, a handheld Internet and entertainment gadget with a 12.1-inch touch screen. Tablets are a new category of handheld de...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Razer's revamped Blade Pro laptop marries a GeForce GTX 1080 with 4K G-Sync
- Tobii's new eye tracker adds head tracking with an emphasis on PC games
- Apple to announce new Macs at a special event October 27
- HP Omen 17 review: Great gaming performance at a great price
- Acer's swanky Swift 7 launches as the thinnest laptop ever
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 161013/JP/602Asia
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- CCIT Data AnalystACT
- CCSAP FIORIACT
- FTProject Manager - FinanceNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCPMO Program CoordinatorNSW
- FTSolution Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCInfrastructure & Security Solution ArchitectVIC