Sell the house and the car. Put up all your possessions on eBay. Pack your bags and buy a one-way ticket to some exotic location. The plan? "Telecommute" from wherever you happen to be. Earn an American salary, but pay Third-World prices for food and...
"The Active Desk," was a touch-screen device developed in 1992 at the University of Toronto.
Pick up some great gear for bargain prices
With Apple's new tablet computer making the jump from rumor to accepted "truth," it's time think about the applications it might support. In short: What are we supposed to do with a netbook-sized iPod touch?
Forty years ago this summer, a programmer sat down and knocked out in one month what would become one of the most important pieces of software ever created.
There are some fantastic tools out there that can be yours for nothing if you know where to look. We show you how to reclaim processor cycles and streamline your PC for free.
If Apple doesn't introduce a tablet computer soon, we'll all be sorely disappointed. With all the ongoing speculation about the alleged iPod-on-steroids, I feel like the device is already here.
Over a dozen new laptops released, with screens ranging from 13.3-18.4in
It is hard--make that impossible--to recommend that Windows XP users upgrade to Windows 7.
In an industry that gets off on throwing obscure benchmarks at buyers, laptop battery life is one of the easiest to understand.
With the appearance of Windows 7's Release to Manufacturing (RTM) build, Microsoft may be hoping that it can finally dismiss Windows Vista as an unsuccessful experiment that paved the way for something better.
Microsoft will never win a war of words with Apple. And it should give up trying. The result is never good: Better to ignore the annoying fly than to look stupid trying to swat it and repeatedly missing.
Google says it is working on an operating system designed for netbooks that boots in seconds, is impervious to viruses, and is designed to run Web-based applications really well. What's not to like? Plenty--if you're the number one software maker, Mi...
Free LCD TVs, laptops for less than $300, bargain iPhone plans, cheap laser printers and more in our update of hot deals! Hurry some offers end July 31!
Microsoft is launching Windows 7, Google has fired back with Chrome OS, and today Microsoft is turning up the volume on Office 2010. That's a lot to juggle, and soon you'll be asking yourself: Can I afford to upgrade or can I afford not to upgrade?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- Monster gaming laptop from CybertronPC packs latest desktop hardware
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW