Microsoft is launching Windows 7, Google has fired back with Chrome OS, and today Microsoft is turning up the volume on Office 2010. That's a lot to juggle, and soon you'll be asking yourself: Can I afford to upgrade or can I afford not to upgrade?
HP's newest netbook is an economy-class version of the company's popular Mini 1000 line. What corners get cut, and is this mini-laptop worth its weight? Read our first impressions.
Dell said on Monday that demand for its products is "stabilizing" and that it expects to report a sequential increase in revenue for its second fiscal quarter, which ends July 31.
Windows 7 pre-orders may be burning up the charts, but many users are apparently still reluctant to switch over to Microsoft's newest operating system. This is particularly true for businesses that are a little upgrade-wary after investing in Vista,...
The announcement a few days ago of Google's new Chrome OS was simultaneously shocking and expected. It's a typically understated and quietly ambitious move on behalf of Google. It's also proof -- if it were needed -- that Google people are supremely ...
News of Google's Chrome operating system is sending waves though the tech world with some saying the OS signals the beginning of the end for Microsoft and others who say Google will fall flat on its face and fail.
When it comes to Apple laptops, what's in a name? More specifically, what does adding the "Pro" moniker to Apple's 13-in. MacBook mean?
As smart and popular as Google may be, the success of Chrome OS is not a fait accompli. Sometimes the smartest and most popular kid at school simply falls on his face.
There's little doubt in my mind that Google will not fail with Chrome OS.
Google's idea of an operating system sounds pretty cool: Lightweight. Speedy. Secure. Web-centric. But while I'm sure Chrome OS will pick up some fans, I have a hard time seeing this as the way of the future for computing.
Google's unveiling of its Chrome OS project was akin to opening a Pandora's box of questions. Perhaps actor Joe Pesci said it best in his role as David Ferrie in Oliver Stone's "JFK": "It's a mystery wrapped inside a riddle inside an enigma". While w...
At the risk of piling on, I'll join the chorus of those who wish Windows 7 Ultimate was, well, more ultimate--offering truly important features that aren't in other versions of the new OS. While I don't think having an "Ultimate" that really isn't wi...
Since the general beta release, Windows 7 has been through the testing ringer and has come out with mostly high marks for its speed, flexibility, user interface (UI) and networking features.
There's something special about installing what is arguably one of the fastest, most sophisticated solid-state disk (SSD) drives in your average Dell laptop. It's a little like stuffing a big-block V8 into a Chevy Chevette -- you get amazing performa...
Moblin is an Intel-created open-source operating system for netbooks and, specifically, the kind of people who use them.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Chromebooks beat Mac notebooks 1.4-to-1 in U.S.
- Guess how much HP sold its gold- and diamond-encrusted laptops for?
- No Play Store for old Chromebooks
- Google is bringing Android apps to Chromebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Enterprise Java Beans/J2EE) 160601/AP/982Asia
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT