It's turning out to be the year of the netbook. So far we've had new netbooks from ASUS, Acer, HP, MSI, Samsung and Toshiba -- all 10in models -- while Fujitsu is planning to release its new models in the coming weeks.
A mouse is such a simple device that not even the worst inventor could screw it up, right? Wrong! We'll give you 13 examples.
For many computer users, Apple has defined the personal computer industry, driven technology innovation, and changed the perception of personal computing.
If you still blanche at the term "netbook" for being an ungainly piece of vendor-speak, then prepare to be nauseated later this year as "smartbook" supporters start to bang that marketing drum.
Windows Vista's market share growth has slowed since Microsoft released public versions of Vista's successor, Windows 7, according to data published today by Web metrics company Net Applications.
Corporate migration to Windows 7 may be less about evaluating the new Microsoft operating system and more about how to properly gauge the correct time to get XP off client desktops.
A reversal seemed highly likely from the moment Microsoft announced a three-application limit in the Windows 7 Starter Edition OS planned for netbooks.
There was a time when Firefox was the Web browser for the cool kids who knew their tech. Most would still agree that it's better than Internet Explorer, but that's damning it with faint praise. Over the last year or so, Firefox has become better know...
Netbooks are starting to look like ultraportable laptops, while some ultraportables are beginning to resemble netbooks. In a tight economy, the question arises: Should you keep costs low by buying an inexpensive netbook, or spend a few hundred dollar...
We're a little over two weeks away from this year's Worldwide Developers Conference, and the rumor mill is starting to go into overdrive. Forget Snow Leopard or iPhone OS 3.0, the chattering classes are all in a tizzy over the possibility of new iPho...
As mentioned in my last posting, I'm not a very good Linux evangelist. I don't try and convert family and friends to Linux. Therefore, as surprising as it sounds, putting Ubuntu on my dad's new laptop--as I did a week ago--was the first time I've eve...
Google Chrome is a browser whose only claim to fame (aside from being a Google product) is its speed and simplicity. In fact, some would claim that Chrome is simple to a fault, with version 1 of the browser lacking features that seem almost fundament...
It would not be the end of a slow news week without more rumors concerning an Apple product with a large touchscreen. Some call it a netbook, others say a so-called "mediapad" is probably on the way, and now comes word of a "tablet" Mac, rumored to b...
Toshiba today launched what we think is the sexiest 10.1in netbook on the market: the copper-coloured Toshiba NB200. This little netbook is aimed at the premium end of the market, where style and form are just as important as portability and function...
If you don’t like the overbearing style and blistering red colour of the 17in Toshiba Qosmio X300/01N, then it’s probably not for you. If you don’t have a spare $6000, then it’s definitely not for you!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Acer's new Predator gaming systems are powerful beasts that will also run your VR headset
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Apple updates MacBook with new processors, adds Rose Gold
- Hands on with NexDock, the laptop that isn't
- The Surface Pro 4 Type Cover gets fancy with premium Signature Edition
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA