If you don’t like the overbearing style and blistering red colour of the 17in Toshiba Qosmio X300/01N, then it’s probably not for you. If you don’t have a spare $6000, then it’s definitely not for you!
Toshiba today launched what we think is the sexiest 10.1in netbook on the market: the copper-coloured Toshiba NB200. This little netbook is aimed at the premium end of the market, where style and form are just as important as portability and function...
Dell today announced the first ruggedised netbook the company has designed specifically with students in mind: the Latitude 2100.
Recently, the Web site analytics company Net Applications came out with figures that showed that in April, the percentage of "client devices" used to surf the Web that were running Linux crossed the 1% level for the first time ever -- 1.02%, to be ex...
The Toshiba Portege R600 is the lightest fully fledged notebook on the market at just 950 grams. It’s also deceptively strong and durable. In this slideshow we go beneath its exterior and expose the components that make it tick and the design tricks ...
Mozilla Labs is challenging Web designers to help it find a more innovative way to represent browser tabs.
It seems unlikely that Apple will enter the netbook market, though Mac OS netbook rumors continue to circulate. Apple COO Tim Cook dissed the hot product category and suggested those wanting a Mac netbook should just buy an iPhone or iPod Touch inste...
Whether you're buying for yourself or outfitting a department, shopping for a laptop today is a double-edged sword. The good news is that there's a huge variety to choose from, all with pros and cons. The bad news is that for many buyers there are ju...
You might think that, as a Linux guy, I spend all my time converting friends and family to Linux. This is an epic cliche of the Slashdot-like Linux people, who will often post a comment like: "I switched my grandmother to Gentoo and she's never looke...
Thinking of buying an ultraportable laptop or a netbook soon? Check out this list of upcoming portables before you open your wallet.
Microsoft has released the beta version of its Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor, a free utility that tells you if your PC is ready to run Windows 7.
An October surprise -- that's how many are interpreting Microsoft's 11th-hour revelation that it will be providing a virtualized copy of Windows XP as a free compatibility add-on to Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions.
Tests of the Windows 7 Release Candidate in our PC World Test Center found that while Windows 7 was slightly faster on our WorldBench 6 suite, the differences may be barely noticeable to users
We've compiled all the information you need to know about the Windows 7 Release Candidate and Microsoft's plans for the operating system.
We look at some of the changes Microsoft has made to Windows 7 since the Beta's release in January
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Chromebooks beat Mac notebooks 1.4-to-1 in U.S.
- Guess how much HP sold its gold- and diamond-encrusted laptops for?
- No Play Store for old Chromebooks
- Google is bringing Android apps to Chromebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCProject Manager - HFCVIC
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCIT Systems AnalystACT
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia