We've worked long and hard to come up with the best tips and tricks for your PCs, smartphones, cameras, game controllers, music players, and the Web. Let's start with PC, laptop, and networking tips.
If Microsoft had invented the iPod, it would have been called the Microsoft I-pod Pro 2005 Human Ear Professional Edition. The <cult-hit video that makes that assertion may have been a joke, but it rings true. And when word emerged that the video was...
On Tuesday, Microsoft will post Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) for the general public.
I've been writing Linux guidebooks for some time, and it's fair to say that most people who buy my books are Windows users looking to make the leap to Linux (or perhaps just wondering what the fuss is about).
Windows 7 may be hitting store shelves sooner than you think. Microsoft's latest operating system will be ready to roll this October, some information published by a British tech site suggests.
Some of these 10 intriguing mobile gizmos, including a connected GPS unit, external iPhone speakers, a Bluetooth headset, and a gadget charger, are fairly mainstream. The others, well, not so much.
It's human nature to get on the bandwagon of a "good thing." Take the screaming hype that is the netbook phenomenon, for example.
Laptops can be easily taken for granted by those who have direct access to them, but the devices are a salvation for some at-risk teenagers and young adults caught up in gang and drug-related activity in San Francisco.
Two laptops: One's a Mac, one's a PC. Which is better? PC World takes both notebooks and stages a computer kumite to make a few quick calls.
ASUS is responsible for introducing the netbook to the PC market as an affordable and simple laptop solution for students. Since the release of the original Eee PC, almost every major PC vendor has released competing models -- many taking alternate d...
The evolution of mini-laptops
We scoured the Internet to come up with 95 innovative, entirely free downloads and services. Don't miss our Best Bets.
These 10 slick services can help you sync PCs, share large files on the Web, enhance your blog, kill snail mail, and more.
You have a good system, but you can always improve a PC's performance.
Make Internet Explorer and Firefox more useful with List.it, IE7Pro, VideoDownload Helper, Zigtag, and other add-ons and services.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- Monster gaming laptop from CybertronPC packs latest desktop hardware
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Project Manager - HRIS ProjectQLD
- FTPHP ProgrammerSA
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW