We've compiled all the information you need to know about the Windows 7 Release Candidate and Microsoft's plans for the operating system.
Notebooks - Features
We look at some of the changes Microsoft has made to Windows 7 since the Beta's release in January
Reports that Dell might use Google's Android OS in a netbook raises questions about what the device might look like and whether Android is ready for use beyond smartphones.
We've worked long and hard to come up with the best tips and tricks for your PCs, smartphones, cameras, game controllers, music players, and the Web. Let's start with PC, laptop, and networking tips.
If Microsoft had invented the iPod, it would have been called the Microsoft I-pod Pro 2005 Human Ear Professional Edition. The <cult-hit video that makes that assertion may have been a joke, but it rings true. And when word emerged that the video was...
On Tuesday, Microsoft will post Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) for the general public.
I've been writing Linux guidebooks for some time, and it's fair to say that most people who buy my books are Windows users looking to make the leap to Linux (or perhaps just wondering what the fuss is about).
Windows 7 may be hitting store shelves sooner than you think. Microsoft's latest operating system will be ready to roll this October, some information published by a British tech site suggests.
Some of these 10 intriguing mobile gizmos, including a connected GPS unit, external iPhone speakers, a Bluetooth headset, and a gadget charger, are fairly mainstream. The others, well, not so much.
It's human nature to get on the bandwagon of a "good thing." Take the screaming hype that is the netbook phenomenon, for example.
Laptops can be easily taken for granted by those who have direct access to them, but the devices are a salvation for some at-risk teenagers and young adults caught up in gang and drug-related activity in San Francisco.
Two laptops: One's a Mac, one's a PC. Which is better? PC World takes both notebooks and stages a computer kumite to make a few quick calls.
ASUS is responsible for introducing the netbook to the PC market as an affordable and simple laptop solution for students. Since the release of the original Eee PC, almost every major PC vendor has released competing models -- many taking alternate d...
The evolution of mini-laptops
We scoured the Internet to come up with 95 innovative, entirely free downloads and services. Don't miss our Best Bets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Razer's revamped Blade Pro laptop marries a GeForce GTX 1080 with 4K G-Sync
- Tobii's new eye tracker adds head tracking with an emphasis on PC games
- Apple to announce new Macs at a special event October 27
- HP Omen 17 review: Great gaming performance at a great price
- Acer's swanky Swift 7 launches as the thinnest laptop ever
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantSA
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security/Admin.) 161014/SA/253Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager - FinanceNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- CCResident Engineer - Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K & 9KNSW
- CCSAP FIORIACT
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 161013/JP/602Asia
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Web) 161011/AP/145Asia
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- CCPMO Program CoordinatorNSW
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW