Windows Vista Service Pack 2 has been released as a public beta version.
With netbooks selling well in the run up to the holidays, I took a look at three of the latest entries into the fray, Hewlett-Packard's Mini 1000, Lenovo's IdeaPad S10 and BenQ's Joybook Lite U101.
When Microsoft, Mozilla or Apple comes out with a new version of Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari, it makes news -- mainly because most of us use one or more of these three Web browsers. In fact, with the exception of Google's Chrome (which made ...
Get a great laptop this Christmas!There's no doubt that one of the most functional and affordable tech gifts this Christmas season is a netbook. This is a laptop category that was virtually created by ASUS and its Eee PC, and since then almost every ...
As a small-business person, you might bemoan the fact you don't have 24/7 IT support like your larger-scale competitors. Don't panic. You can solve many of the most common computer problems yourself. Here are some snafus you can tackle on your own, t...
Holiday travelers, hang onto your laptops: One is now stolen every 53 seconds. Here are 10 tips to keep your PC and data safe as we enter the busiest travel season of the year.
Even a year after the introduction of the Asus Eee PC netbooks are still something of a novelty. Just a couple of weeks ago, while I was sitting one evening in a hotel lounge with a group of professionals, mine was passed around with enthusiastic cur...
ASUS unleashes new laptops amid Calvin Klein's latest runway creations.
Coming up with a great technology product or service is only half the battle these days. Creating a name for said product that is at once cool but not too cool or exclusionary, marketable to both early adopters and a broader audience, and, of course,...
Microsoft may call the newest version of its operating system Windows 7, but you may want to think of it as Windows 6.5. In overall look and feel, it mimics Vista, although there are enough changes to make it far more than just a juiced-up service pa...
Alienware has launched its M17 notebook, and it’s a strange-looking creature…
Has a surgeon ever told you that, although they're an expert and will do the best they can, the operation still has some inherent risks? Imagine replacing the surgeon with some cheap or free software.
It was five years coming, but the battery of my ThinkPad R50 finally met its maker. On a recent trip, it conked out after powering the notebook for only half an hour -- three hours short of what I'm used to getting out it. Now it refuses to be rechar...
The writing is on the wall. Despite a major push to sell the much-maligned Windows Vista, customers aren't buying. Nearly two years after Vista's release, Windows XP remains the standard desktop OS in business, and Microsoft has extended its availabi...
Windows 7 — Microsoft's long-waited successor to Windows Vista — is expected to ship in 2010, if not earlier. Until now, the software giant has remained tight-lipped on the features in the new OS.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Early Android app support rolls out to two more Chromebooks
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
- Why Apple's new MacBook Pro needs more than just one USB-C port
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantWA
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- FTSystem Integration EngineerACT
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- FTSAP Team LeadVIC
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC