June 25, 1998, and June 30, 2008, marked two important milestones in Microsoft's evolution of the Windows OS -- the passing of the torch from Windows 95 to Windows 98, and the less seemly transition from XP to Vista.
Notebooks - Features
Get Windows humming again, supercharge your browser, and clear out the crud with these (mostly) free downloads.
To a lot of people, Ubuntu represents the most end-user-friendly nongeek-compatible Linux distribution. But there are other commercial distributions that work even harder to create a desktop experience that is, frankly, Windows-like. The two most wel...
Will this finally kill the Eee PC?
One stone-cold fact about Windows 7 is that we need more stone-cold facts in order to understand the new operating system that is likely to arrive in early 2010.
One of the major selling points for Macs and Mac OS X Leopard these days is their ability to work well in a largely Windows world. Apple offers two ways to accomplish this task: Leopard's ability to share files and printers with Windows machines, and...
Where's the search history button?
Dell today unveiled its entry in the budget ultraportable notebook market, the Inspiron Mini 9.
Firefox 3 was released just this June, and many Firefox fans believe the new version is clearly the best browser you can get. You can make it even better with free add-ons, which integrate directly into the browser and offer loads of useful new featu...
Vista, thy name is bloat!
Some words seem destined to go together, like "Marco" and "Polo," "Uma" and "Oprah," "rock" and "lobster." Until recently, however, I would never have thought to conjoin the words "checkpoint" and "friendly." But these days, the two seemingly dispara...
If you love Firefox, you'll love these extensions!
Forget the tie, here's what Dad really wants!
For some users, the new generation of ultraportable notebooks comes close to embodying the Holy Grail for road warriors. Their laptop-like keyboards make them more usable for typing tasks than smart phones, but they are lighter and cheaper than tradi...
Here are 10 cool ways to add useful new features and functionality to your laptop.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell: Mainstream laptops with wireless charging are still years away
- SSD adoption in laptops exceeds expectations
- Apple will refund you for your iMac hinge repair costs
- MacBook Pro teardown reveals pointless speaker grilles and hard-to-replace Touch Bar
- Apple leads tablet sales, but the iPad Pro is not its best seller
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXSA
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- CCSenior Transition and Organisational Change ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- CCWebMethod DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXWA
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW