Deciding on which hybrid-style Windows 8 tablet to go for can be difficult. In this comparative article we pit three Intel Atom-based models from ASUS, HP and Samsung against each other to find out which is best.
Notebooks - Features
Microsoft today launched Windows 8 in Australia, showcasing the new operating system's interface, apps and social features to a room full of journalists at Sydney's Hordern Pavilion.
Technology never stops moving forward. Hardware gets faster, and operating systems gain new features and (we hope) finesse. This is natural computing law.
When Windows 8 finally comes out in October, there will be many new types of notebooks on the market that will be able to take advantage of the new operating system's touch features. There will be plenty of notebook styles to choose from, and we're s...
This is a common question that many people have been asking us, wondering if they should wait for Windows 8 to be released, or to buy a computer with Windows 7 on it now. The answer is relatively simple in our opinion: if you want to buy a desktop or...
As prices for notebook computers have come down, the processing power and overall quality of what you get has gone up. In particular, there are many computers that can be purchased for under $1000 that offer not only fast processing performance, but ...
Have you noticed that it's just not so cool to be in the PC business these days? Michael Dell, founder and CEO of Dell, said this week that the 'new Dell' really isn't in the PC business anymore.
We now know that Windows 8 will launch in October, in both its X86 and ARM Windows RT flavours. And we expect Windows Phone 8 and the Microsoft Surface tablet to launch at around the same time.
The Dell XPS 13 (L321X) and Samsung Series 9 (NP900X3C-A01AU) Ultrabooks represent what's great about slim, mobile computers. Both are 13.3in models with superb build quality and looks, and both can be used to tackle everyday computing tasks (and mor...
Each new gadget brings speculation about what older device it will replace--full-featured laptops supplant desktops, while ever-smarter phones relieve you from carrying a laptop on occasion. But don't overlook the partnerships that can result. Soon, ...
With the unveiling of Windows Phone 8, Microsoft completes the circuit it promised last fall at its BUILD developers conference. Even though the company took a meandering, lumbering route, today we're seeing a compelling combined desktop and mobile v...
We unbox Apple's latest creation, the impressive MacBook Pro with Retina display.
You have questions, oh so many questions, about the new Retina MacBook Pro. You had so many questions that they couldn’t all be covered in Jason Snell’s hands-on article. So Jason gracefully handed the Retina MacBook Pro over to me so I can address m...
Good Gear Guide traveled to Bangkok, Thailand to take a look at the 2012 Samsung Forum, where all the company's latest and greatest products were on display.
A laptop's portability makes it convenient - and an easy target for thieves.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Book, a Windows 10 tablet aimed at the Surface-curious
- Everything we think we know about Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S3
- Lenovo's ThinkPad P71 will work with HTC, Oculus VR headsets
- Lenovo's Yoga A12 Android 2-in-1 has futuristic touch panel keyboard
- In PC comeback, ARM will battle Intel in Chromebooks and Windows 10
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCStorage System EngineerNSW
- TPBI Commercial AnalystVIC
- FTDeveloper - XML & JavaVIC
- FTSolutions Software DeveloperVIC
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!SA
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- FTPerformance TesterACT
- TPInsights ManagerWA
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPSolution Architect - Office 365QLD
- FTPrincipal Architect - Infrastructure | Major BankVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPProduct Owner - Cloud SolutionsQLD
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - Tivoli Storage SpecialistNSW
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPSolution Architect - Real-Time Tracking SystemVIC
- FTNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCDeployment EngineerSA
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- TPLinux Desktop Support SpecialistWA
- TPSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!!!SA