It's the law of unintended consequences. Microsoft's launch Vista was the best recruiter for Linux on the desktop according to a senior IBM executive.
Targeting TV and movie lovers, Lenovo Group Ltd. today announced the first netbook that can be equipped with Nvidia Inc.'s Ion platform for high-definition video.
Microsoft will limit sales of some editions of Windows 7 to systems with screens no larger than 10.2 inches running a low-powered single-core processor running no faster than 2GHz, TechARP.com said last week.
Windows 7 may be looking faster and more polished than its predecessor, Windows Vista, but both operating systems are nearly identical under the hood.
Microsoft on Thursday said it had canceled an oral hearing set for early next month over EU antitrust allegations that it "shields" Internet Explorer (IE) from competition, saying that senior regulators won't be attending.
Why, when people were trying to get me to switch from Windows to a Mac, did no one tell me about AppleScript?
Microsoft will unveil pricing for Windows 7 in a few weeks, a Web site that has accurately predicted past company moves said today.
Apple will wait until next year to enter the netbook market, and then will unveil not a knock-off, but a tablet-like device priced between $500 and $700, a Wall Street analyst said today.
Although Microsoft quietly delivered Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) to TechNet and MSDN subscribers last week, the company has still has not made the upgrade available to other users.
AT&T says its trial selling netbooks in company stories in a couple of cities has been successful so it will begin selling the small laptops nationwide in a few months, the company said on Tuesday.
More than a quarter of 329 London workers surveyed admit they routinely take their laptop or other mobile computing device to bed to do work.
After discovering attack code on a brand new Windows XP netbook, antivirus vendor Kaspersky Labs warned users yesterday that they should scan virgin systems for malware before connecting them to the Internet.
Intel on Tuesday revealed further details surrounding its next-generation Atom netbook platform that should provide improved system performance and power savings to low-cost laptops.
In an effort to counter the growing dominance of Microsoft's Windows OS in netbooks, Intel on Tuesday announced a beta version of a Linux OS it has developed for low-cost laptops and mobile devices.
The commercial sponsor and originator of the Ubuntu project, Canonical, has stepped into new territory with the launch of a storage and sync service called Ubuntu One. In the tradition of open source marketing, this has been a "quiet product launch",...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Steam updates user reviews to better reflect trends
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare goes full sci-fi with space-based gunfights
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- HP's new Chromebook 13 has features to match top-line Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCEnvironment AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Java Analyst / AdministratorACT
- CCJAVA ArchitectVIC
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- FTDesktop Support Technician - onsite Corporate officesVIC
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- FTSystem testersACT
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW