Retailers are now taking orders for what could easily be the world's fastest laptops, powered by Intel's speedy Core i7 desktop processors.
Intel's next generation Atom platform, code-named Pine Trail, will ease out graphics chip makers like Nvidia from designing graphic chips around the Atom processor, the company said Tuesday.
Windows Vista Service Pack 2 is now available for download. The Vista SP2 update include new support for recording Blu-ray discs straight from the Vista OS, updated support for Bluetooth v2.1, and bug fixes that address slow shutdowns and mysterious ...
In an attempt to upset the netbook applecart, Lenovo on Monday planned to introduced a small and affordable laptop that can deliver full PC functionality without compromising features.
It's the law of unintended consequences. Microsoft's launch Vista was the best recruiter for Linux on the desktop according to a senior IBM executive.
Targeting TV and movie lovers, Lenovo Group Ltd. today announced the first netbook that can be equipped with Nvidia Inc.'s Ion platform for high-definition video.
Microsoft will limit sales of some editions of Windows 7 to systems with screens no larger than 10.2 inches running a low-powered single-core processor running no faster than 2GHz, TechARP.com said last week.
Windows 7 may be looking faster and more polished than its predecessor, Windows Vista, but both operating systems are nearly identical under the hood.
Microsoft on Thursday said it had canceled an oral hearing set for early next month over EU antitrust allegations that it "shields" Internet Explorer (IE) from competition, saying that senior regulators won't be attending.
Why, when people were trying to get me to switch from Windows to a Mac, did no one tell me about AppleScript?
Microsoft will unveil pricing for Windows 7 in a few weeks, a Web site that has accurately predicted past company moves said today.
Apple will wait until next year to enter the netbook market, and then will unveil not a knock-off, but a tablet-like device priced between $500 and $700, a Wall Street analyst said today.
Although Microsoft quietly delivered Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) to TechNet and MSDN subscribers last week, the company has still has not made the upgrade available to other users.
AT&T says its trial selling netbooks in company stories in a couple of cities has been successful so it will begin selling the small laptops nationwide in a few months, the company said on Tuesday.
More than a quarter of 329 London workers surveyed admit they routinely take their laptop or other mobile computing device to bed to do work.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Early Android app support rolls out to two more Chromebooks
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
- Why Apple's new MacBook Pro needs more than just one USB-C port
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystVIC