Jon, Melissa and Gordon discuss the meaning of the hottest tech news this week, from big changes at Intel to disappointingly small changes to the 12-inch MacBook.
I guess this makes Infinite Warfare objectively one notch better than Star Wars Battlefront.
How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
Hard drives, SSDs and even external drives are pretty reliable. However, in the unlikely event of a crash you'll need to know how to recover or delete your data, and hopefully not put your hands above your head and prepare for impact. Read on to find...
A new report from IDC tracks the tablet's ongoing decline, while detachable tablets like Microsoft's Surface rise in popularity. Now smartphone vendors are getting into the act, applying their mobile acumen to compete with PC vendors.
HP's new Chromebook 13 has some of the latest technologies that the company is putting in its top-line Windows PCs.
Acer is firing on all cylinders with its powerful new Predator gaming PCs, which can also provide the processing power for virtual reality headsets.
Intel's rise and fall in tablets are starting to resemble the company's misadventures in netbooks less than a decade ago.
The 12-inch MacBook gets a processor and graphics boost, as well as a new color choice.
Computerworld's Lucas Mearian shows how to quickly install the new SSD from Other World Computing into a MacBook Pro Retina laptop.
You can buy the NexDock, a laptop that's actually powered by your phone, today. But it's more intriguing as a concept of what tomorrow could look like.
Microsoft says its Signature Type Cover for the Surface Pro 4 is “unlike anything you’ve ever experienced.”
You can pack LG's latest laptop with its charger and still have less weight in your bag than with a 13-inch ultraportable.
Here's what Nvidia's monstrous new Pascal GPU looks like under the hood. Let's dive into the tech specs.
HP's new Envy x360 convertible and Envy standard laptops bring better battery life, Skylake, and stylish design.
The Spectre 13.3 ultraportable laptop sports crazy cabinet hinges and a new logo, and it's thinner than an iPad Pro.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why my older Chromebook has a right to live, even if Google says it's over
- Which is the best Mac to learn programming and coding: Buying advice for Mac coders
- A Surface all-in-one PC may lead a Microsoft hardware refresh in October
- Hands-on with Asus ROG G752 and GeForce GTX 1070 (or holy crap this thing is fast!)
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080, 1070 and 1060 for laptops break the mobile mold
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCEnterprise Application ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA