A new Microsoft add-on for Windows 7 that will let some users run Windows XP applications in a virtual machine could create support nightmares for IT managers, analysts said last week.
Amazon may be working on a new device that is similar to the Kindle book reader but designed specifically for newspapers and magazines.
Pirated copies of Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) on file-sharing sites contain malware, according to users who have downloaded the upgrade.
Microsoft Corp. will not dump Vista when Windows 7 launches and plans to keep selling it to computer makers, system builders, volume licensees and consumers at retail until at least January 2011, a Microsoft spokesman said, citing long-running policy...
How long does Microsoft plan to keep selling copies of its Windows Vista operating system after the upcoming launch of Windows 7? The company isn't saying.
Although Microsoft Corp. refuses to name a delivery date for Windows 7, it could launch the new operating system as early as August, according to timeline comparisons of significant dates for Windows XP and Windows Vista.
An Apple official may have trashed netbooks for cramped keyboards and "junky" hardware, but shipments for the inexpensive laptops are showing no signs of slowing down.
Dell has announced it will sell its desktop PCs and notebooks in Dick Smith's retail stores this month. From 6 May, Dell will sell its Inspiron 15 and Studio 15 laptops as well as its Studio One 19 all-in-one desktop PC in Dick Smith's top 70 stores,...
Microsoft will unveil an add-on to Windows 7 that lets users run applications designed for Windows XP in a virtual machine, the company confirmed Friday -- the first time Microsoft has relied on virtualization to provide backward compatibility.
Prompted by the spread of the Conficker worm through infected USB drives, Microsoft Corp. will unveil changes in next week's public Windows 7 Release Candidate that are designed to stymie such hacker strategies.
Microsoft Corp. touts that Windows 7 is nimble enough to run on underpowered netbooks. But it also admits that its enticing new XP Mode may not work on netbooks, or many other computers of recent vintage.
Microsoft plans to continue offering Windows XP for netbooks after the release of its next-generation operating system, Windows 7.
Microsoft Corp. will let users run Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) for more than a year, giving them free use of the new operating system for a significantly longer time than it did Vista's previews.
Asustek Computer (Asus) plans to continue using Microsoft Windows OSs in its popular Eee PC netbooks this year despite widespread interest in alternatives such as Google's Android software.
Microsoft Corp. Tuesday announced it had wrapped up work on Windows Vista Service Pack 2, but said it could be months before users get their hands on the upgrade to the problem-plagued operating system.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Chromebooks beat Mac notebooks 1.4-to-1 in U.S.
- Guess how much HP sold its gold- and diamond-encrusted laptops for?
- No Play Store for old Chromebooks
- Google is bringing Android apps to Chromebooks
- Chromebooks surge past Macs in the U.S. for the first time
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- FTSolution Architect - Capacity ManagementVIC
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTDevOps SpecialistVIC
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCHastus AdministratorVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCPMO SupportQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW