The next generation Eee PC laptop by Asustek Computer will come with a multi-touch trackpad in addition to the larger screen, better Web cam and increased data storage, a company representative said this week.
Advanced Micro Devices on Thursday announced new Phenom chips, including quad-core chips and its first triple-core processors for desktop PCs.
It's the most anticipated matchup in the hacker world: Linux versus Mac OS X versus Vista. Who will get hacked first?
It may be the quickest US$10,000 Charlie Miller ever earned.
Microsoft's Office suite could have plausible challenger on the desktop for the first time since Lotus gave up trying to take on Redmond a decade ago.
Intel has built two new quad-core processors that run faster than previous quad-core chips without using any additional power, the company announced Tuesday.
Microsoft will release Windows XP Service Pack 3 during the second half of April, according to a report from a Web site that has correctly predicted recent Windows ship dates.
After causing controversy for charging US$49.99 to remove trial software from hard disks of new laptops, Sony has backtracked from imposing the fee on customers.
Fujitsu plans to begin selling in late June a new range of high-performance hard-disk drives for laptop PCs that offer more storage space than current models.
In an attempt to improve computer performance, Sun Microsystems is working on technology to let chips communicate using lasers instead of electricity, in what would be a break from conventional computer design.
Microsoft is offering free support to any Windows Vista user experiencing problems with installing Service Pack 1 (SP1), according to a company spokesman.
Voltaic Systems is getting ready to release a solar-powered laptop bag that is designed to charge the computer carried inside it.
Amazon.com is hoping to announce in the next few weeks that its popular Kindle e-book reader is back in stock, according to a company spokeswoman.
Western Digital Wednesday launched a new 3.5-inch Caviar hard disk drive than can store 640GB of data on two platters, twice the capacity of the previous high-end offering.
After considerable rumour and speculation, numerous false starts, and not a small amount of frustration on the part of consumers, Microsoft has released Windows Vista Service Pack 1 into the wild.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Chromebooks beat Mac notebooks 1.4-to-1 in U.S.
- Guess how much HP sold its gold- and diamond-encrusted laptops for?
- No Play Store for old Chromebooks
- Google is bringing Android apps to Chromebooks
- Chromebooks surge past Macs in the U.S. for the first time
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCSystem AdmimistratorQLD
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- CCOracle Payroll Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- CCQA OfficerACT
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCProject Coordinator-IT Application Software Implementation BckgNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- CCAmazon Web Services (AWS) IT SupportWA
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- FTTechnical WriterACT