Hoping to ride a recent surge in movies and TV shows filmed in 3-D, Acer Inc. plans to release a notebook PC this fall equipped with a 15.6-inch 3-D screen, according to a report.
Countering the netbook craze, Hewlett-Packard on Tuesday introduced a thin and light laptop, the Pavilion DV2Z, which will deliver full PC functionality at a competitive price.
For years, Apple has churned out versions of Mac OS X pumped full of new features geared toward the average user. And it seems like with every iteration of Mac OS X, the new feature count balloons. While many of these new features are small -- for ex...
Asustek kicked off an entirely new category in the mobile computing space when it presented a prototype of its Eee PC at Taiwan's Computex trade show two years ago. Since then, many users have embraced netbook PCs for their small size, light weight a...
Intel is getting ready to release two processors, an Atom chip called Pineview and a new desktop processor called Clarkdale, that include integrated graphics, a capability that spells the beginning of the end for third-party chipsets with integrated ...
Today at Apple's World Wide Developers Conference in San Francisco, the Cupertino computer maker announced a host of new products before an audience of developers and media. Among other announcements, the company has updated its MacBook Pro product l...
With just days to go before Apple executives take the stage at the company's annual developer conference, the rumor mill has gone into its usual last-minute overdrive, with speculation about everything from $99 iPhones to an appearance by CEO Steve J...
Taiwanese consumer electronics maker BenQ plans to launch a smartphone and a netbook running Google's Android operating system next year, a company representative confirmed Thursday.
The marketing geniuses in Redmond are at it again. From the folks who brought us "Zune," "Bing," and "MSN Search Toolbar with Windows Desktop Search" comes a new name for the venerable netbook.
Microsoft doesn't plan to offer a version of Windows for so-called "smartbooks," leaving the space open to Linux, Google's Android and other operating systems.
A Taiwanese organization has developed a netbook based on Google's Android platform that can also switch into Microsoft's Windows operating system to run certain programs.
The world's third-largest PC vendor plans to roll out the Moblin Linux operating system, championed by Intel, in its products, a top executive said Wednesday.
Microsoft Corp. on Tuesday launched the latest version of its Windows operating system for computing gadgets while quashing speculation that it will port Windows 7 over to ARM-based netbooks.
Mozilla has delayed the delivery of Firefox 3.5 Release Candidate (RC) until late next week to take care of several last-minute bugs, a company executive said today.
Laptops using Intel's low-power chips for machines bigger than a netbook checkered PC displays at Computex Taipei on Tuesday, revealing growing popularity for the chips and the class of laptop.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Chromebooks beat Mac notebooks 1.4-to-1 in U.S.
- Guess how much HP sold its gold- and diamond-encrusted laptops for?
- No Play Store for old Chromebooks
- Google is bringing Android apps to Chromebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCAgile Coach / Agile Training ManagerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCHastus AdministratorVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCDeployment Project EngineerNSW
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC