Apple will wait until next year to enter the netbook market, and then will unveil not a knock-off, but a tablet-like device priced between $500 and $700, a Wall Street analyst said today.
Although Microsoft quietly delivered Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) to TechNet and MSDN subscribers last week, the company has still has not made the upgrade available to other users.
AT&T says its trial selling netbooks in company stories in a couple of cities has been successful so it will begin selling the small laptops nationwide in a few months, the company said on Tuesday.
More than a quarter of 329 London workers surveyed admit they routinely take their laptop or other mobile computing device to bed to do work.
After discovering attack code on a brand new Windows XP netbook, antivirus vendor Kaspersky Labs warned users yesterday that they should scan virgin systems for malware before connecting them to the Internet.
Intel on Tuesday revealed further details surrounding its next-generation Atom netbook platform that should provide improved system performance and power savings to low-cost laptops.
In an effort to counter the growing dominance of Microsoft's Windows OS in netbooks, Intel on Tuesday announced a beta version of a Linux OS it has developed for low-cost laptops and mobile devices.
The commercial sponsor and originator of the Ubuntu project, Canonical, has stepped into new territory with the launch of a storage and sync service called Ubuntu One. In the tradition of open source marketing, this has been a "quiet product launch",...
Pirated copies labeled as the Technical Preview of Microsoft's Office 2010 have leaked to the Internet, according to searches on popular file-sharing sites.
MSI Thursday introduced two new slim, light laptops designed to take on Apple's MacBook Air. The 14in X-Slim X400 and the 15in X-Slim X600 are set to launch later this year.
Just over a week after Microsoft handed Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) to the public, the new operating system's market share gains have started to slow, according to data from Web metrics vendor Net Applications.
The Microsoft executive in charge of Windows urged some companies this week to dump Vista deployment plans and shift to Windows 7, the operating system the company has promised to ship in the fourth quarter.
After months of problems that delayed the last two betas of Firefox 3.5, Mozilla Corp. is now on track to deliver the first release candidate early next month.
Hewlett-Packard has recalled Lithium-Ion batteries used in some of its laptops, as they pose a fire hazard, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) said on Thursday.
Verizon Wireless will begin selling the HP Mini 1151NR netbook on Sunday for $200 after a $50 mail-in rebate and enrollment in a new two-year mobile broadband plan.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on with Asus ROG G752 and GeForce GTX 1070 (or holy crap this thing is fast!)
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080, 1070 and 1060 for laptops break the mobile mold
- After delays, Lenovo finally ships its first OLED laptop
- Surface Pro 3's massive battery drain is a software problem, Microsoft says
- Early Android app support rolls out to two more Chromebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCIBM ODM Expert (Operation Decision Manager)ACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCPorfolio Value Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- CCUNIX/ LINUX SERVER ENGINEERVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCWebSphere Message BrokerACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- CCData ModellerACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia