Companies looking to cope with declining IT budgets by postponing the purchase of new laptop computers are likely making a mistake, according to a new report released by technology consulting firm J. Gold Associates.
The first netbook computer running the Google Inc.-backed Android mobile operating system on a low-cost ARM chip could become available to customers within three months, the maker's co-founder said this week.
India has ordered 250,000 laptops from the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) organization, while a human rights organization will supply 5,000 OLPC machines to Sierra Leone.
Dell has scrapped its return-to-base warranty services for on-premises support.
Apple Inc. executives may be ridiculing netbooks as a computer category not worth their while, but analysts aren't buying it.
Security researchers demonstrated how to take control of a computer running Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 operating system at the Hack In The Box Security Conference (HITB) in Dubai on Thursday.
Canonical on Thursday released a Linux distribution optimized for netbooks with features to improve battery life and rapidly access programs.
Micro-Star International (MSI) launched an ultra-thin laptop to rival the MacBook Air in the U.S. on Tuesday, as well as a new netbook with Intel's latest microprocessor for the devices.
Microsoft will drop Office 2004 for Mac from its support list in six months, the company confirmed Tuesday.
Fujitsu began selling in Japan on Tuesday a laptop that runs on wind power - well, almost. The company is purchasing wind power "green energy credits" for each of the "FMV Loox" laptops sold that are equivalent to the amount of electricity estimated ...
One of the most hated features of Windows Vista will be seen a third less often by users of the upcoming Windows 7, a Microsoft executive promised Monday.
Toshiba is refreshing its netbook line-up and with the new machines is switching to more spacious 10-inch screens.
Lenovo expects to release laptops to the Australian market with built-in disabling technology by June this year. Users will be able to phone their laptop in order to stop it from being used.
Important company data gets lost when company laptops are damaged. And while most damage is accidental, a significant portion of it is caused by "anger or frustration" that employees take out on their laptops.
Federal and state regulators have struck a deal with Microsoft that any version of Windows released after May 2011 will not be subject to the scrutiny mandated by a 2002 antitrust settlement.<br/>
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- Monster gaming laptop from CybertronPC packs latest desktop hardware
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Network EngineersACT
- CCSAP DS and BI SpecialistVIC
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FTTechnical Consultant - Audio VisualSA
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTImplementation Consultant, Enterprise SoftwareNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Identity ManagerVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCTest AnalystACT