To keep up with the growing popularity of the recent wave of low-cost, flash drive-equipped, wireless, small form factor "netbook" computers, Ubuntu Linux this week announced its own specially modified Linux operating system that can run on the machi...
Notebooks - News
Microsoft has further extended the life of Windows XP so that computer makers can include the operating system on low-cost desktop PCs, the company announced at the Computex trade show on Tuesday.
Ambulance services across Australia are rolling out a new laptop data application to store clinical information on thousands of patients to improve paramedic training, patient care, industry standards and research.
Mobile phone chip giant Qualcomm on Monday showed off a mini-laptop that could cost around US$299 and offer quick wireless access to the Internet via 3G (third generation) mobile telecommunications networks.
The march toward Windows XP's retail and OEM June 30 retirement party continues. Four weeks from today is Microsoft's deadline for mainstream computer makers to stop selling new PCs with the old OS, and the date the Redmond Wash.-based developer will...
As the market for small, low-cost laptops grows, Intel increasingly finds itself competing against Taiwan's Via Technologies rather than its traditional rival, Advanced Micro Devices.
Once at the epicenter of PC makers' profits, desktops are losing their luster as a viable market as companies are hit by thinner profit margins and more emphasis is placed on mobility, analysts said.
Intel plans to show off Centrino 2 laptops equipped with support for WiMax at the Computex exhibition in Taipei this week.
Asustek (Asus) is trying out its Express Gate Linux software in laptop PCs, a bid to make multimedia files and Internet access a snap for users
Microsoft will require hardware makers to test their device drivers on Windows 7 to receive certification for Windows Vista, according to documents posted on the company's site.
While Intel has set limits on the types of technologies that can used with its Atom processor, Via Technologies is giving laptop makers free rein when it comes to choosing specifications for systems based on its latest processor, the Nano.
After watching the market's giants move into its territory, Via Technologies Thursday began moving to push back against the likes of Intel and Advanced Micro Devices with five new processors.
Dell released pictures of an ultraportable laptop that appears designed to compete against Hewlett-Packard's Mini-Note 2133 laptop, after Michael Dell was spotted carrying it around.
This week, Microsoft went on a 24-hour marketing blitz to talk up the next version of Windows, simply called "Windows 7" for now.
Via Technologies released the hardware design for a low-cost laptop with WiMax support under an open-source license on Tuesday, a move intended to make customization easier and shorten design cycles for system makers.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Everything we think we know about Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S3
- Lenovo's ThinkPad P71 will work with HTC, Oculus VR headsets
- Lenovo's Yoga A12 Android 2-in-1 has futuristic touch panel keyboard
- In PC comeback, ARM will battle Intel in Chromebooks and Windows 10
- Dell: Mainstream laptops with wireless charging are still years away
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCIT Procurement OfficerNSW
- CCAgile CoachNSW
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- TPSpatial Science OfficerQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Database AdministratorVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Financial applicationsVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXQLD
- CCLevel 2 IT Service DeskQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXACT
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)WA
- TPSystem AdministratorVIC
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCData ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior consultant/ Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Life 400 DeveloperNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD