Asustek (Asus) is trying out its Express Gate Linux software in laptop PCs, a bid to make multimedia files and Internet access a snap for users
Notebooks - News
Microsoft will require hardware makers to test their device drivers on Windows 7 to receive certification for Windows Vista, according to documents posted on the company's site.
While Intel has set limits on the types of technologies that can used with its Atom processor, Via Technologies is giving laptop makers free rein when it comes to choosing specifications for systems based on its latest processor, the Nano.
After watching the market's giants move into its territory, Via Technologies Thursday began moving to push back against the likes of Intel and Advanced Micro Devices with five new processors.
Dell released pictures of an ultraportable laptop that appears designed to compete against Hewlett-Packard's Mini-Note 2133 laptop, after Michael Dell was spotted carrying it around.
This week, Microsoft went on a 24-hour marketing blitz to talk up the next version of Windows, simply called "Windows 7" for now.
Via Technologies released the hardware design for a low-cost laptop with WiMax support under an open-source license on Tuesday, a move intended to make customization easier and shorten design cycles for system makers.
More than three months after it last updated Mac OS X, Apple Wednesday released 10.5.3, an upgrade for its Leopard operating system that boasts nearly 70 stability, compatibility and security improvements and fixes.
Computex 2008 could be the most exciting IT hardware show in years, complete with the launch of several ultra-low cost laptops armed with Intel's new Atom microprocessor, a new iMac lookalike from Asustek and reportedly a new processor from Nvidia co...
Dell was found guilty on Tuesday of fraud, false advertising, deceptive business practices and abusive debt collection practices in a case brought by the New York attorney general.
A benchmark test designed to compare graphics rendering systems in different operating systems has found that Mac OS X performs, on average, at about half the speed of Windows XP.
Microsoft Tuesday broke silence about the next edition of its flagship operating system, but essentially all it said is it would not talk publicly about Windows 7.
China announced a restructuring plan for the country's fixed-line and mobile operators on Saturday, a final step towards the long-awaited release of 3G (third-generation) mobile licenses.
Graphics chip vendor Nvidia will reportedly introduce a line of processors designed for small, handheld computers at the Computex exhibition in Taipei next week.
Samsung Electronics plans to launch within this year a flash memory-based solid-state disk that boasts a 256G byte capacity and high-speed interface, it said Monday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- SSD adoption in laptops exceeds expectations
- Apple will refund you for your iMac hinge repair costs
- MacBook Pro teardown reveals pointless speaker grilles and hard-to-replace Touch Bar
- Apple leads tablet sales, but the iPad Pro is not its best seller
- Latest MacBook Pro price reset resembles shift to Retina in 2012
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTraffic / Production ManagerNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorACT
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerACT
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTIndustry Engagement ManagerVIC
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- CCProject Manager - Scrum MasterNSW
- CCMiddleware SpecialistACT
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTSecurity AdministratorVIC
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderVIC
- FTMarketing and Customer AnalyticsSA
- CCERP LeadWA
- CCServicing Financial Planner - CBDNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCDevelopment Lead - JavaNSW
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT