Toshiba has taken the final step towards launch of a high-performance chip derived from the powerful Cell processor that powers Sony's PlayStation 3 games console.
Hewlett-Packard unveiled a low-cost mini-laptop this week that's aimed at the education market.
Still upset about Windows Vista? Don't worry. According to Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates, it should all be over soon.
Intel plans to release an anti-theft technology for laptops during the fourth quarter of this year, but the company isn't offering many details yet.
Microsoft has dropped two strong hints in the past two days that the next version of its Windows operating system will arrive in 2009, shaving up to a year off previous expectations.
New PC market figures from IDC show strong consumer notebook sales and education spending in the desktop space made the last quarter of 2007 the strongest PC quarter of the year.
Elizabeth Cochran sensed an opportunity to save lives when she realized laptops can be used as seismometers to detect earthquakes.
Designers of portable computers for military personnel are giving soldiers more options to take into the field, including tablet PCs and fully functional notebook devices so small that they can fit into someone's pocket. But one thing the vendors are...
Microsoft Thursday confirmed swirling rumors by announcing that it is extending the availability of Windows XP Home Edition until mid-2010 for a fast-emerging class of tiny, cheap laptops led by the Asus Eee.
With Intel betting so heavily on the mobile Internet device market exploding in the next several years, industry analysts are wondering if the fledgling business can live up to the expectations.
For all the fanfare surrounding the launch of Intel's Centrino Atom chip package at the Intel Developer Forum in Shanghai, there was a notable shortage of new products based on the chips, apart from a few concept designs rolled out for the occasion.
Laptop tracking systems do work, and Absolute Software has a real-world example to add to its PR arsenal. The security tracking company's LoJack system has been used to catch alleged laptop thieves at a US airport.
Microsoft continues to give its tacit blessing for consumers to exploit a technical loophole that allows them to upgrade to Vista with Service Pack 1, even if they don't own the necessary prior editions of Windows.
Microsoft confirmed this week that it will extend the sales of Windows XP Home to OEMs beyond the current deadline of June 30, 2008, to accommodate a new class of ultra-low-cost PCs (ULCPCs) that are just beginning to pepper the market.
Microsoft said it will issue eight security updates next week, five tagged as "critical" to patch Windows, Office and Internet Explorer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
- Why Apple's new MacBook Pro needs more than just one USB-C port
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Chromebooks beat Mac notebooks 1.4-to-1 in U.S.
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW