As expected, Microsoft Monday announced that it has finished work on Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) and released it to computer makers and volume licensing customers.
Intel is slashing the price of some of its processors up to 50 percent, a slap in the face to rival Advanced Micro Devices, long known as the low-price alternative in the chip market.
Business travellers to Russia might want to keep their laptops and iPhones well-concealed - not from muggers, necessarily, but from the country's recently formed regulatory super-agency, Rossvyazokhrankultura (short for the Russian Mass Media, Commun...
Bull has a gadget for businesses worried about the security of data stored on laptops: a bootable, portable password-protected hard disk drive with an embedded cryptographic processor that protects data if the device is lost or stolen.
Asustek Computer Tuesday launched its biggest low-cost Eee laptop yet, and as expected, will offer it with either Linux or Microsoft's Windows XP Home.
Details of the first few processors belonging to Intel's latest Centrino 2 mobile platform have been leaked on a PC maker's Web site, preempting Intel's official launch of the platform at the middle of this year.
More than two years before Microsoft extended Windows XP's lifespan so makers of new low-cost laptops could install the operating system, a company analyst had warned that Vista's "harsher" system requirements might mean trouble, according to interna...
Calling the situation "untenable" and describing Windows as "collapsing," a pair of Gartner analysts this week said Microsoft must make radical changes to the operating system or risk becoming a has-been.
Hackers are trying to exploit a critical Windows vulnerability just patched on Tuesday, security researchers said this afternoon -- and the only version of Windows not at risk is the unfinished Windows XP SP3.
While more IT companies are now taking significant steps toward going green, there is still a lot of work to do to protect the environment, says Greenpeace International, an environmental activist group.
Advanced Micro Devices this week announced it was shipping the quad-core Opteron chip in volume after fixing a bug, but concerns are being raised about AMD's abilities to stick to its product roadmap, analysts said.
Toshiba has taken the final step towards launch of a high-performance chip derived from the powerful Cell processor that powers Sony's PlayStation 3 games console.
Hewlett-Packard unveiled a low-cost mini-laptop this week that's aimed at the education market.
Still upset about Windows Vista? Don't worry. According to Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates, it should all be over soon.
Intel plans to release an anti-theft technology for laptops during the fourth quarter of this year, but the company isn't offering many details yet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why my older Chromebook has a right to live, even if Google says it's over
- Which is the best Mac to learn programming and coding: Buying advice for Mac coders
- A Surface all-in-one PC may lead a Microsoft hardware refresh in October
- Hands-on with Asus ROG G752 and GeForce GTX 1070 (or holy crap this thing is fast!)
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080, 1070 and 1060 for laptops break the mobile mold
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW