Microsoft on Friday asked that a lawsuit claiming it duped consumers in a Windows Vista marketing program be suspended while the company appeals a judge's decision to grant the case class-action status.
IBM and Hitachi are expected to announce a research agreement this week in which the companies will collaborate to improve semiconductor technology, including shrinking the features on silicon chips.
Everex is refreshing its Cloudbook line of ultraportable, Linux-based notebooks with redesigned models that may eventually include low-power Intel Diamondville processors, bigger screens and more storage.
A German company wants to bring customer loyalty cards to the Internet while also making it easier for people to log in into multiple Web sites.
Advanced Micro Devices this week unveiled an energy-efficient, dual-core Athlon desktop processor.
Microsoft has told consumers that delays in updating more than 30 bonus language packs will postpone the delivery of Service Pack 1 (SP1) to some Windows Vista users.
To meet the growing storage needs of laptop users, Samsung Electronics on Tuesday introduced a 500G-byte hard drive that could provide a notebook PC with as much as 1T byte of storage.
Intel has warned that low prices for NAND flash memory chips will have a greater financial impact during the first quarter than company officials had initially anticipated.
Even in today's high-tech world of unified communications and wireless mobility, the idea of two kids with laptops sitting under a tree somewhere in Saharan Africa being able to exchange information without any kind of infrastructure or configuration...
Intel's Silverthorne and Diamondville chips will be called Atom and the company's Menlow platform for ultramobile computers will be renamed Centrino Atom when these products hit the market, according to a company spokesman.
Asus introduced the Eee PC in October, but accessories for the ultraportable have just started trickling out as users familiarize themselves with the PC. The accessories, which include an extended battery, mice and travel chargers, provide additional...
Microsoft is cutting the retail price of its Windows Vista operating system by as much as 20 per cent in the US, but will slash at least some versions' price tags by more than 46 per cent in both the UK and the European Union, the company confirmed.
Mozilla is in informal talks with mobile operators about its mobile Firefox project, which the organization hopes will shake up the market as much as the introduction of the desktop browser did in 2004.
If Microsoft thought a lower price for Windows Vista was what the operating system needed to kick-start sales, it should have thought twice, an analyst said.
Last-minute changes to Windows Vista broke drivers, forcing key hardware vendors to "limp out with issues" when the OS launched last year, according to a presentation by Dell that was made public last week.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Chromebooks beat Mac notebooks 1.4-to-1 in U.S.
- Guess how much HP sold its gold- and diamond-encrusted laptops for?
- No Play Store for old Chromebooks
- Google is bringing Android apps to Chromebooks
- Chromebooks surge past Macs in the U.S. for the first time
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAmazon Web Services (AWS) IT SupportWA
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCCloud Service Solution LeadVIC
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- FTSharepoint Developer - O365NSW
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- FTFunctional Business AnalystNSW
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCTester Analyst - learn on the job!ACT
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW