Windows 7 cuts almost a third off the battery life of some netbooks shipping today with Windows XP, several recent reviews and user reports say.
Mozilla Foundation officials last week launched a concerted campaign to prod European Union antitrust regulators to demand more from Microsoft Corp. than the browser ballot screen the company has promised to offer Windows 7 users later this year.
Microsoft on Monday stepped up plans to push Windows 7 upgrades to European users. The company said its decision to keep Internet Explorer 8 in the OS in Europe has enabled it to make a family-pack option available to customers there in October.
Nokia announced it is moving beyond its mobile roots and boldly entering the PC market with its netbook offering dubbed the Booklet 3G.
Quanta Computer, the world's largest contract notebook computer manufacturer, will put out its first cloud computing products next year as it seeks growth in new markets, the company's chairman said Monday.
First Nokia blended the mobile device and computer experience with its Microsoft partnership. Nokia's entrance into the netbook market with the introduction of the Booklet 3G is just another step that blurs the line (or muddies the water) between com...
Nokia has unveiled the Booklet 3G, a netbook with high-speed mobile broadband and Wi-Fi connectivity, and a GPS receiver, the company said on Monday. The Booklet 3G should run for up to 12 hours on one battery charge, Nokia said. It weighs 1.25 kilog...
A Microsoft Windows 7 installation disk can be tweaked to install any version of the operating system, giving users a "try-before-buy" opportunity before upgrading to a more expensive edition, a popular newsletter revealed.
Microsoft has, as planned, removed the download for the release candidate of Windows 7, the next major update to Microsoft Windows.
Microsoft will offer Windows 7's ribbon-style application interface to Windows Vista users in an update this October, according to the company.
The dominance of low-cost netbooks could be threatened by an emerging category of ultrathin laptops, which could compete on features and price, analysts said.
Microsoft plans to backport a "ribbon" user interface feature it introduced in Windows 7 to Windows Vista, according to the company's developer Web site.
What's better than a rumor about one Apple tablet? A rumor about two. That's right, not one, but two Apple tablets could come either this year or early next year.
Microsoft will turn off the download spigot for Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) on Thursday around 11 a.m. ET, the company confirmed on Tuesday.
A mistaken offer in Apple's online store on Wednesday could signal that the company's latest Mac operating system, code-named Snow Leopard, is primed for launch as early as next week.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on with Asus ROG G752 and GeForce GTX 1070 (or holy crap this thing is fast!)
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080, 1070 and 1060 for laptops break the mobile mold
- After delays, Lenovo finally ships its first OLED laptop
- Surface Pro 3's massive battery drain is a software problem, Microsoft says
- Early Android app support rolls out to two more Chromebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBig Data SpecialistNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst (Superannuation)NSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCChange / Project ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia