The dominance of low-cost netbooks could be threatened by an emerging category of ultrathin laptops, which could compete on features and price, analysts said.
Microsoft plans to backport a "ribbon" user interface feature it introduced in Windows 7 to Windows Vista, according to the company's developer Web site.
What's better than a rumor about one Apple tablet? A rumor about two. That's right, not one, but two Apple tablets could come either this year or early next year.
Microsoft will turn off the download spigot for Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) on Thursday around 11 a.m. ET, the company confirmed on Tuesday.
A mistaken offer in Apple's online store on Wednesday could signal that the company's latest Mac operating system, code-named Snow Leopard, is primed for launch as early as next week.
Lenovo on Tuesday announced a thin, low-cost desktop -- also called a nettop -- that provides graphics capabilities usually delivered by full-sized desktops.
Asus and Apple were the most reliable PC vendors in the U.S. during the second quarter this year, according to a survey released by Rescuecom on Tuesday.
Those wanting to try out Microsoft's next OS before its official release need to act fast: The download period for the Windows 7 Release Candidate ends Thursday.
Lenovo is offering to replace certain batteries sold with its ThinkPad line of laptops, warning users that they may be permanently damaged due to errors.
Lawyers for the Mac clone maker fighting with Apple over copyright infringement charges have taken testimony from Philip Schiller, Apple's head of marketing, and will depose other executives next week, said Florida-based Psystar yesterday.
When a light-weight box arrived on my desk recently from Toshiba Corp., I immediately figured I had a new solid-state disk (SSD) drive to review. In fact, it was an SSD -- a whopping 500GB drive wrapped in a laptop that tipped the scales at a mere 2....
According to Gizmodo, an insider has revealed that the Apple tablet is indeed real, and mostly what people are expecting: A 10-inch touch-screen tablet running the iPhone OS, priced somewhere between $700-$900. However, there's a twist. The tablet ca...
Apple has wrapped up work on Snow Leopard, the Mac OS X operating system upgrade, and may release it earlier than expected, according to numerous reports on the Web.
In an effort to expand its Linux offerings, Dell is researching new netbook-type devices and will soon offer netbook Linux OS upgrades, a company official said on Wednesday.
Kogan Technologies today announced that it has slashed the price of its Agora Netbook range.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Chromebooks beat Mac notebooks 1.4-to-1 in U.S.
- Guess how much HP sold its gold- and diamond-encrusted laptops for?
- No Play Store for old Chromebooks
- Google is bringing Android apps to Chromebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Oracle Systems SpecialistNSW
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCQA OfficerACT
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW