Acer remains on track to launch a version of its Aspire One netbook with Google's Android mobile operating system in the third quarter of this year, a company representative said Wednesday.
Intel had to hustle to catch up with competitors in developing chips for mobile devices like smartphones, but the effort led to the development of the highly successful Atom chip, a company executive said on Wednesday.
Collaboration with Microsoft could allow the software giant's upcoming Windows 7 OS to take advantage of multithreaded and multicore Intel chips for faster application performance, according to an Intel official.
Remember last week when Microsoft was so ecstatic about Apple's complaints over the laptop hunter ads? Well, the software maker may have been overjoyed that it finally agitated its rival, but Redmond has quietly complied with Apple's complaints.
Look for personal computer users to soon get their hardware in the same way that they get their cell phones: for free as part of telecommunications service subscriptions, the executive director of the Linux Foundation said on Friday afternoon.
In a pre-emptive strike against Google Inc.'s Chrome OS, DeviceVM Inc. plans to make Web search the centerpiece of its popular instant-on operating system.
Microsoft's revenue declined 17 percent and net income declined 29 percent year over year in its fiscal 2009 fourth quarter due to continued weakness in global sales of PCs and servers, the company reported Thursday.
Intel's work promoting netbooks -- the downsized PCs that are gaining in mindshare -- was touted by a company official Wednesday, who stressed benefits in boot-up times, graphics, and network capabilities during a technology conference.
Although even the best-connected users can't get their hands on Windows 7's final code until Aug. 6, people willing to pirate the new operating system can download it today from several file-sharing sites, searches show.
As anticipated, Microsoft this afternoon announced that it had finished work on Windows 7, declaring that the new operating system had met the "release to manufacturing" (RTM) milestone.
Microsoft has announced this afternoon that Windows 7 has been released to manufacturing. In other words, Windows 7 development has wrapped up, and it'll now go on to PC manufacturers so they can prepare for October's Windows 7 launch.
Microsoft on Tuesday detailed upgrade paths from old Windows editions to its upcoming Windows 7 OS, saying that Europeans will not be able to directly upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 7.
Microsoft on Tuesday detailed how its partners and business customers can get their hands on Windows 7 RTM (release to manufacturing) code, which will be available next month on different days for different sets of users.
Sales of Apple's laptops in the U.S. surged 25% in June compared to June 2008, a retail market analyst said today.
The price of DRAM computer memory chips is on the rise as global PC makers gear up for back-to-school and holiday sales later this year, which could be stronger than expected due to the arrival of Microsoft's Windows 7 operating system.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- Monster gaming laptop from CybertronPC packs latest desktop hardware
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW