Hoping to generate some buzz around its Adamo laptops, Dell showed off an ultra-thin design on Wednesday that could heat up the race between PC makers trying to build the world's thinnest laptop.
Notebooks - News
More than 2500 delegates from the IT industry have made their way up to the Gold Coast this week to take part in Microsoft's Tech.Ed conference. The conference is attended mostly by developers and IT managers and will showcase the latest in Microsoft...
Netbook sales keep growing, as do the sizes of their displays.
Sony was showing off its latest lightweight, ultra-slim laptop earlier this week at the IFA consumer electronics trade show in Berlin. The Sony Vaio X is being billed as the successor to Sony's 2004 Vaio X505 -- a forward thinking laptop that was thi...
Toshiba has developed a graphical user interface for controlling devices such as media servers and audo equipment and shifting content around a home network.
A year after Google debuted Chrome with a bang, the browser may have failed to meet expectations. But recent moves by the search giant signal a new campaign in the war against rivals, analysts said today.
Samsung will use Windows 7 Starter Edition on two new netbooks, it announced on Thursday.
With consumers increasingly using laptop PCs around the home to access multimedia and social-networking services, Toshiba has designed a tablet PC intended to offer quick access to the same services without some of the hassles of a full-blown PC.
Toshiba showed its first Blu-ray Disc player and laptop computer on Thursday, less than a month after confirming it was putting the high-def disc format battle behind it by joining the Blu-ray Disc Association.
A new version of Windows is not typically a reason to throw a party, but Microsoft is hoping people will do just that to celebrate Windows 7, and has teamed with House Party to help them do so.
Designed to be as light on your wallet as your shoulders, most netbooks cost between US$300 and $500. Their low price is helping netbooks continue their fast growth, despite the economic downturn.
Nokia today revealed more details about the Booklet, the 3G-enabled netbook announced late last month, at the Nokia World conference in Stuttgart, Germany.
Mac clone maker Psystar last week sued Apple for a second time, charging that it illegally ties the new Snow Leopard operating system to its hardware.
Mini-laptops based on Arm chips are set to make their way to users, which could heat up the battle in a space dominated by netbooks with Intel's Atom chips.
Sharp Electronics this week introduced a netbook-like mobile device with a 5-inch touch screen that is designed to run Internet-based applications.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell: Mainstream laptops with wireless charging are still years away
- SSD adoption in laptops exceeds expectations
- Apple will refund you for your iMac hinge repair costs
- MacBook Pro teardown reveals pointless speaker grilles and hard-to-replace Touch Bar
- Apple leads tablet sales, but the iPad Pro is not its best seller
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager - Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCService ManagerACT
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPSALESFORCE DEVELOPERQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - CRMVIC
- TPTechnical Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPBusiness Project Manager IntegrationNSW
- FTNetIQ Development & SupportNSW
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- TPSQL DeveloperQLD