Microsoft's Windows Division president Steven Sinofsky tried Wednesday to tamp down a growing roar that Windows 7 RTM has a critical flaw that can shut down the OS by running a simple command.
Windows 7 may loom, but Nvidia Inc. is bucking the trend, releasing a second member of its ION graphics platform targeted at netbook and net-top PCs running Windows XP.
An Intel executive last week suggested it was abnormal to interact with a laptop using input devices like touchpads, but Synaptics is out to debunk that notion by making touchpads more user-friendly.
Microsoft Tuesday released the final beta of Windows 7 XP Mode, adding new USB and drive sharing support options along with a user tutorial for the operating system add-on aimed at the small and midsize business market.
Microsoft Tuesday released software that uses virtualization to allow people to run applications in Windows 7 as if they are running in XP, making it easier for applications written for older versions of the OS to run on Windows 7.
Microsoft for the first time has named Linux distributors Red Hat and Canonical as competitors to its Windows client business in its annual filing to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
HP today announced the expansion of its "HP Planet Partners Program" to consumer and small business customers. Previously available only to its direct enterprise customers, the recycling program will allow consumers and small to medium businesses to ...
Revised data from a prominent Web metrics company dropped Apple under the 5% market-share mark, about half what the same firm said Macs enjoyed just two months ago.
Betting that European antitrust regulators will okay its proposal for a "ballot screen" and facing opposition from computer makers and corporate customers, Microsoft late Friday abandoned plans to ship Windows 7 without Internet Explorer (IE).
Microsoft on Friday let users who want to upgrade from one version of Windows 7 to another know how they can do so.
Acer's plans to launch an Aspire One netbook running Google's Android operating system have been shelved.
Dell was fined on Thursday by a Taiwanese city agency for failing to meet sales obligations of heavily discounted products resulting from online pricing snafus, according to online news reports.
Microsoft made a U-turn today and announced that it would hand out free copies of Windows 7 Ultimate to the initiation-only testers who received the very earliest builds of the OS last year.
Pirates have cracked Windows 7's product activation just a week after the operating system made RTM and a week before it's slated to reach users, Microsoft confirmed today.
Intel said on Wednesday that it will deliver new Atom chips on time later this year, rejecting a report that the chips have been delayed until 2010.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Steam updates user reviews to better reflect trends
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare goes full sci-fi with space-based gunfights
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- HP's new Chromebook 13 has features to match top-line Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProgram Support CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Analyst Designer / AWS and AzureVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Technical Director- Migration to SAP HR PayrollNSW
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTPHP/MySQL DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/JAVA/Oracle) 160504/SA/vtdAsia
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.Net/Crystal Report) 160504/AP/vtdAsia