It seems Moore's Law doesn't apply to the next generation of Intel's Atom chips. The low-cost, power-sipping chips, codenamed "Pineview," will greatly improve upon both of those traits, but at the expense of any significant speed boost, according to ...
Even as it is pushing mobile computing, Intel expects desktop computers to continue to be in demand in the long term, an Intel executive said on Thursday.
Apple's price reductions in its notebook line this week show that the company, which has historically been leery of dropping prices, is not immune to the crumbling economy, analysts said today.
The Fedora Project on Tuesday released version 11 of its Linux open source operating system, adding expanded hardware support, new software management and improved virtualization.
Hoping to ride a recent surge in movies and TV shows filmed in 3-D, Acer Inc. plans to release a notebook PC this fall equipped with a 15.6-inch 3-D screen, according to a report.
Countering the netbook craze, Hewlett-Packard on Tuesday introduced a thin and light laptop, the Pavilion DV2Z, which will deliver full PC functionality at a competitive price.
For years, Apple has churned out versions of Mac OS X pumped full of new features geared toward the average user. And it seems like with every iteration of Mac OS X, the new feature count balloons. While many of these new features are small -- for ex...
Asustek kicked off an entirely new category in the mobile computing space when it presented a prototype of its Eee PC at Taiwan's Computex trade show two years ago. Since then, many users have embraced netbook PCs for their small size, light weight a...
Intel is getting ready to release two processors, an Atom chip called Pineview and a new desktop processor called Clarkdale, that include integrated graphics, a capability that spells the beginning of the end for third-party chipsets with integrated ...
Today at Apple's World Wide Developers Conference in San Francisco, the Cupertino computer maker announced a host of new products before an audience of developers and media. Among other announcements, the company has updated its MacBook Pro product l...
With just days to go before Apple executives take the stage at the company's annual developer conference, the rumor mill has gone into its usual last-minute overdrive, with speculation about everything from $99 iPhones to an appearance by CEO Steve J...
Taiwanese consumer electronics maker BenQ plans to launch a smartphone and a netbook running Google's Android operating system next year, a company representative confirmed Thursday.
The marketing geniuses in Redmond are at it again. From the folks who brought us "Zune," "Bing," and "MSN Search Toolbar with Windows Desktop Search" comes a new name for the venerable netbook.
Microsoft doesn't plan to offer a version of Windows for so-called "smartbooks," leaving the space open to Linux, Google's Android and other operating systems.
A Taiwanese organization has developed a netbook based on Google's Android platform that can also switch into Microsoft's Windows operating system to run certain programs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
- Why Apple's new MacBook Pro needs more than just one USB-C port
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Chromebooks beat Mac notebooks 1.4-to-1 in U.S.
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCSystem Engineer (DevOps)WA
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC