Why, when people were trying to get me to switch from Windows to a Mac, did no one tell me about AppleScript?
Microsoft will unveil pricing for Windows 7 in a few weeks, a Web site that has accurately predicted past company moves said today.
Apple will wait until next year to enter the netbook market, and then will unveil not a knock-off, but a tablet-like device priced between $500 and $700, a Wall Street analyst said today.
Although Microsoft quietly delivered Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) to TechNet and MSDN subscribers last week, the company has still has not made the upgrade available to other users.
AT&T says its trial selling netbooks in company stories in a couple of cities has been successful so it will begin selling the small laptops nationwide in a few months, the company said on Tuesday.
More than a quarter of 329 London workers surveyed admit they routinely take their laptop or other mobile computing device to bed to do work.
After discovering attack code on a brand new Windows XP netbook, antivirus vendor Kaspersky Labs warned users yesterday that they should scan virgin systems for malware before connecting them to the Internet.
Intel on Tuesday revealed further details surrounding its next-generation Atom netbook platform that should provide improved system performance and power savings to low-cost laptops.
In an effort to counter the growing dominance of Microsoft's Windows OS in netbooks, Intel on Tuesday announced a beta version of a Linux OS it has developed for low-cost laptops and mobile devices.
The commercial sponsor and originator of the Ubuntu project, Canonical, has stepped into new territory with the launch of a storage and sync service called Ubuntu One. In the tradition of open source marketing, this has been a "quiet product launch",...
Pirated copies labeled as the Technical Preview of Microsoft's Office 2010 have leaked to the Internet, according to searches on popular file-sharing sites.
MSI Thursday introduced two new slim, light laptops designed to take on Apple's MacBook Air. The 14in X-Slim X400 and the 15in X-Slim X600 are set to launch later this year.
Just over a week after Microsoft handed Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) to the public, the new operating system's market share gains have started to slow, according to data from Web metrics vendor Net Applications.
The Microsoft executive in charge of Windows urged some companies this week to dump Vista deployment plans and shift to Windows 7, the operating system the company has promised to ship in the fourth quarter.
After months of problems that delayed the last two betas of Firefox 3.5, Mozilla Corp. is now on track to deliver the first release candidate early next month.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Chromebooks beat Mac notebooks 1.4-to-1 in U.S.
- Guess how much HP sold its gold- and diamond-encrusted laptops for?
- No Play Store for old Chromebooks
- Google is bringing Android apps to Chromebooks
- Chromebooks surge past Macs in the U.S. for the first time
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCHastus AdministratorVIC
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCPMO SupportQLD
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCDeployment Project EngineerNSW
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCCommunications OfficeACT
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer, Renewable ContractAsia
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCSenior IT Tester / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD