Microsoft Corp. Tuesday announced it had wrapped up work on Windows Vista Service Pack 2, but said it could be months before users get their hands on the upgrade to the problem-plagued operating system.
Researchers have developed a technology that could allow laptops to wake up instantly from a shut-down state without draining battery life the way sleep states do.
Acer edged out rival Asustek Computer to lead the world in netbook shipments last year.
Microsoft Corp. Wednesday confirmed it met the deadline for replying to European Union (EU) antitrust allegations that the company "shields" Internet Explorer (IE) from competition by bundling the browser with Windows.
Several of Japan's largest electronics companies have halted business trips to Mexico after a deadly outbreak of swine flu in the country.
Having rocketed to prominence as one of the most popular desktop Linux distributions in just a few years, Ubuntu has earned a reputation for stability and ease-of-use. The latest edition -- version 9.04, code-named "Jaunty Jackalope" -- continues tha...
Last week Toshiba launched in a new Qosmio multimedia laptop model in Japan that includes a secondary video processing chip and, for the first time, software to automatically clean-up the quality of Web video. We took it for a test-drive on the Web's...
Months after the issue first surfaced, Hewlett-Packard notebook owners continue to complain about defective Nvidia graphics cards that could cause laptops to fail.
Mozilla Corp. is considering dropping support for Mac OS X 10.4 after it ships the successor to Firefox 3.5 in 2010, according to ongoing discussions.
Microsoft Corp.'s decision to give some Windows 7 users a tool to run Windows XP applications in a virtual machine may have been necessary to convince people to upgrade, but it could create support nightmares, analysts said today.
IBM has beaten Lenovo, NEC and ASI Solutions to win a NSW Department of Education and Training (DET) tender to implement wireless connectivity for student netbooks across 463 secondary schools.
Pirated copies of the Windows 7 Release Candidate have leaked to file-sharing sites, according to several reports on the Internet and searches of BitTorrent trackers.
Companies looking to cope with declining IT budgets by postponing the purchase of new laptop computers are likely making a mistake, according to a new report released by technology consulting firm J. Gold Associates.
The first netbook computer running the Google Inc.-backed Android mobile operating system on a low-cost ARM chip could become available to customers within three months, the maker's co-founder said this week.
India has ordered 250,000 laptops from the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) organization, while a human rights organization will supply 5,000 OLPC machines to Sierra Leone.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why my older Chromebook has a right to live, even if Google says it's over
- Which is the best Mac to learn programming and coding: Buying advice for Mac coders
- A Surface all-in-one PC may lead a Microsoft hardware refresh in October
- Hands-on with Asus ROG G752 and GeForce GTX 1070 (or holy crap this thing is fast!)
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080, 1070 and 1060 for laptops break the mobile mold
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW