Months after the issue first surfaced, Hewlett-Packard notebook owners continue to complain about defective Nvidia graphics cards that could cause laptops to fail.
Mozilla Corp. is considering dropping support for Mac OS X 10.4 after it ships the successor to Firefox 3.5 in 2010, according to ongoing discussions.
Microsoft Corp.'s decision to give some Windows 7 users a tool to run Windows XP applications in a virtual machine may have been necessary to convince people to upgrade, but it could create support nightmares, analysts said today.
IBM has beaten Lenovo, NEC and ASI Solutions to win a NSW Department of Education and Training (DET) tender to implement wireless connectivity for student netbooks across 463 secondary schools.
Pirated copies of the Windows 7 Release Candidate have leaked to file-sharing sites, according to several reports on the Internet and searches of BitTorrent trackers.
Companies looking to cope with declining IT budgets by postponing the purchase of new laptop computers are likely making a mistake, according to a new report released by technology consulting firm J. Gold Associates.
The first netbook computer running the Google Inc.-backed Android mobile operating system on a low-cost ARM chip could become available to customers within three months, the maker's co-founder said this week.
India has ordered 250,000 laptops from the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) organization, while a human rights organization will supply 5,000 OLPC machines to Sierra Leone.
Dell has scrapped its return-to-base warranty services for on-premises support.
Apple Inc. executives may be ridiculing netbooks as a computer category not worth their while, but analysts aren't buying it.
Security researchers demonstrated how to take control of a computer running Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 operating system at the Hack In The Box Security Conference (HITB) in Dubai on Thursday.
Canonical on Thursday released a Linux distribution optimized for netbooks with features to improve battery life and rapidly access programs.
Micro-Star International (MSI) launched an ultra-thin laptop to rival the MacBook Air in the U.S. on Tuesday, as well as a new netbook with Intel's latest microprocessor for the devices.
Microsoft will drop Office 2004 for Mac from its support list in six months, the company confirmed Tuesday.
Fujitsu began selling in Japan on Tuesday a laptop that runs on wind power - well, almost. The company is purchasing wind power "green energy credits" for each of the "FMV Loox" laptops sold that are equivalent to the amount of electricity estimated ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- After delays, Lenovo finally ships its first OLED laptop
- Surface Pro 3's massive battery drain is a software problem, Microsoft says
- Early Android app support rolls out to two more Chromebooks
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/SQL Server) 160812/AP/553Asia
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTTechnical LeadWA
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (NON-IT)WA
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW