Dell today unveiled what it claims is the world's thinnest laptop. The Adamo will be released under the Adamo by Dell brand name. Aimed at users who are after a fashionable and well-crafted product, the Adamo will be priced from $3699 for the standar...
Marketing success story Kogan Technologies has announced what it claims is Australia’s cheapest 10-inch netbook computer powered by the Linux-based gOS operating system.
Apple Inc.'s retail sales, which fell by more than 5% in January, plummeted nearly 17% in February compared with the same month in 2008 as the company's high prices continued to take a toll, research company The NPD Group Inc. said Tuesday.
A year ago, netbooks were viewed as a good chance for Linux to finally break into the desktop computing mainstream.
Advanced Micro Devices agreed to an Intel offer to make public the terms of a cross-license agreement at the heart of a dispute between the two companies. But there's one condition: in return, AMD wants Intel to lift a demand that evidence submitted ...
Lenovo has decided to unveil photos of its Pocket Yoga concept PC, an ultra-compact portable that's slim enough to slide in a back pocket. The leather-bound device, which resembles an oversized wallet, features a QWERTY keyboard and a touch screen.
Nokia is seriously contemplating entering the notebook market, according to research firm DisplaySearch. A blog entry by analyst John Jacobs quotes Nokia CEO Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo as saying in an interview with Finnish national broadcaster YLE that th...
Microsoft Corp. will deliver a release candidate of Windows 7 to the public in late May, according to a report from a noted Windows Web site.
Hewlett-Packard will begin selling on Monday laptop batteries that are guaranteed to last three years.
Asustek Computer, which pioneered the netbook market with its Eee PC line, plans to further slim down its business units and reduce the variety of netbooks it sells.
We're already a quarter of the way into 2009 and the gadgets are coming thick and fast despite the recession that is gripping many countries.
New laptop and desktop designs are on tap as PC and hardware makers start tweaking components to take advantage of improved features in Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 OS.
Scientists at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) have developed a way to charge lithium ion batteries in seconds, instead of hours, that could open the door to smaller, faster-charging batteries for cell phones and other devices.
One Laptop Per Child is set to dump x86 processors, instead opting to put low-power Arm-based processors in its next-generation XO-2 laptop with the aim of improving battery life.
Microsoft patched the first critical vulnerability in Windows 7 Tuesday as it rolled out an update that fixes three flaws in the new operating system's kernel.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Acer's new Predator gaming systems are powerful beasts that will also run your VR headset
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Apple updates MacBook with new processors, adds Rose Gold
- Hands on with NexDock, the laptop that isn't
- The Surface Pro 4 Type Cover gets fancy with premium Signature Edition
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTGraduate IT Administration SupportVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- FTIT Support Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCPMO Coordinator- Prince2, Project financialsNSW
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT