Acer edged out rival Asustek Computer to lead the world in netbook shipments last year.
Notebooks - News
Microsoft Corp. Wednesday confirmed it met the deadline for replying to European Union (EU) antitrust allegations that the company "shields" Internet Explorer (IE) from competition by bundling the browser with Windows.
Several of Japan's largest electronics companies have halted business trips to Mexico after a deadly outbreak of swine flu in the country.
Having rocketed to prominence as one of the most popular desktop Linux distributions in just a few years, Ubuntu has earned a reputation for stability and ease-of-use. The latest edition -- version 9.04, code-named "Jaunty Jackalope" -- continues tha...
Last week Toshiba launched in a new Qosmio multimedia laptop model in Japan that includes a secondary video processing chip and, for the first time, software to automatically clean-up the quality of Web video. We took it for a test-drive on the Web's...
Months after the issue first surfaced, Hewlett-Packard notebook owners continue to complain about defective Nvidia graphics cards that could cause laptops to fail.
Mozilla Corp. is considering dropping support for Mac OS X 10.4 after it ships the successor to Firefox 3.5 in 2010, according to ongoing discussions.
Microsoft Corp.'s decision to give some Windows 7 users a tool to run Windows XP applications in a virtual machine may have been necessary to convince people to upgrade, but it could create support nightmares, analysts said today.
IBM has beaten Lenovo, NEC and ASI Solutions to win a NSW Department of Education and Training (DET) tender to implement wireless connectivity for student netbooks across 463 secondary schools.
Pirated copies of the Windows 7 Release Candidate have leaked to file-sharing sites, according to several reports on the Internet and searches of BitTorrent trackers.
Companies looking to cope with declining IT budgets by postponing the purchase of new laptop computers are likely making a mistake, according to a new report released by technology consulting firm J. Gold Associates.
The first netbook computer running the Google Inc.-backed Android mobile operating system on a low-cost ARM chip could become available to customers within three months, the maker's co-founder said this week.
India has ordered 250,000 laptops from the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) organization, while a human rights organization will supply 5,000 OLPC machines to Sierra Leone.
Dell has scrapped its return-to-base warranty services for on-premises support.
Apple Inc. executives may be ridiculing netbooks as a computer category not worth their while, but analysts aren't buying it.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- SSD adoption in laptops exceeds expectations
- Apple will refund you for your iMac hinge repair costs
- MacBook Pro teardown reveals pointless speaker grilles and hard-to-replace Touch Bar
- Apple leads tablet sales, but the iPad Pro is not its best seller
- Latest MacBook Pro price reset resembles shift to Retina in 2012
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraVIC
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystACT
- CCNetwork AnalystNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTUX / UI DesignerVIC
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraVIC
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- FTMigration ArchitectSA
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Digital DesignerVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperOther
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- CCPerformance Test AnalystNSW