As planned, Microsoft Corp. will drop Windows XP out of what it calls "mainstream support" Tuesday, the company confirmed Monday.
Microsoft Corp. announced Thursday that it will start pushing Office 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2) to customers this month.
Microsoft Corp.'s claim that customers pay a US$3,400 "Apple Tax" when they buy Macs rather than Windows-based PCs is "silly" and "stupid," an analyst who follows Apple Inc. said Friday.
Intel plans to make sure all of its popular Atom microprocessors support at least two versions of Microsoft's new operating system (OS), Windows 7, in the second half of this year.
Microsoft acknowledged Monday that it has "broadened the options" for PC makers to continue offering the eight-year-old Windows XP as a downgrade from Vista, and potentially from the upcoming Windows 7.
Microsoft Corp. will provide free or discounted Windows 7 upgrades not only to users who buy Vista PCs between June 2009 and January 2010, but also to people who buy a system that's been factory-downgraded to Windows XP, according to a report on the ...
Microsoft Corp. has announced that it will drop mainstream support for Office 2003 on April 14, the same day it starts to retire Windows XP.
Dell on Thursday introduced small-business laptops that will be free of bloatware, which could help improve system performance and protect storage space.
U.S. District Court Judge Marsha Pechman yesterday postponed the upcoming trial of the Vista Capable lawsuit, which was set to start April 13, court documents show.
The NSW Department of Education and Training (DET) has selected Microsoft and Lenovo as the suppliers for a 267,000 unit netbook deployment for teachers and students costing $150 million.
The Fedora Project released a beta of the next version of its free Linux OS with new security, desktop and developer features that provide a glimpse of the direction Red Hat could take with its enterprise Linux distribution.
Yet another Windows 7 build has leaked to the Web, turning recent appearances of pirated copies into a weekly event on file-sharing sites.
Microsoft Corp. Thursday night took a direct shot at its rival, Apple Inc., in a new television ad that pitched Windows PCs as lower priced than Macs.
Microsoft Corp. will issue a public release candidate of Windows 7 in May, according to the company's Web site.
Online attack code has been released targeting a critical, unpatched flaw in the Firefox browser.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on with Asus ROG G752 and GeForce GTX 1070 (or holy crap this thing is fast!)
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080, 1070 and 1060 for laptops break the mobile mold
- After delays, Lenovo finally ships its first OLED laptop
- Surface Pro 3's massive battery drain is a software problem, Microsoft says
- Early Android app support rolls out to two more Chromebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCInfra & Application Specialist/ Devops SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - GeneralVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW