Intel is clearly tired of Nvidia and AMD kicking sand in its face when it comes to graphics performance. The company has had a talented GPU engineering team for many years. With the fourth generation of Intel's Core CPU line -- codenamed Haswell -- t...
Hard on the heels of the news that the Linux kernel itself has now added Chromebook support, other reports this week suggest that the ongoing popularity of devices that use Google's Linux-based Chrome OS operating system will likely continue unabated...
Intel is expected to announce its fourth-generation Core processors code-named Haswell for laptops and desktops in June, but the company is already releasing teasers that talk about their performance.
In just a few weeks, Intel's one-chip-fits all family of core processors will finally meet Microsoft's one-design-fits all operating system, Windows 8. The chip maker recently announced it will unveil the first round of Haswell Core processors on Jun...
"Windows 8 sucks because Windows 8 apps suck", said analyst Michael Cherry, not mincing words. "And there's nothing in all these rumors of Windows Blue or Windows 8.1 that tells me that apps will be easier to write or that will result in better apps"...
Toshiba has unveiled the KIRA Ultrabook, which is described as being the company's first "high resolution premium Ultrabook". It's a 13.3in Ultrabook with a reported screen resolution of 2560x1440 pixels. That gives it a pixel density that is only sl...
If you have an emotional attachment to your tech gear, then that's fine. But if you have tech gear that you want to throw out, be environmentally responsible and use a proper recycling service. TechCollect is hoping to break a record for e-waste coll...
If you're in the market for a toughened, touchscreen laptop, Panasonic has you covered. The company has just released its Windows 8-based Toughbook CF-AX2, which is a tablet-convertible Ultrabook. It's designed primarily for business users and Panaso...
Lenovo’s ThinkPad notebooks have been around since 1992, since the design was debuted by IBM. While they’ve become much, much faster, their designs have largely stayed the same -- flat black body, squarish design, and the company’s trade mark TrackPo...
Foxtel has announced a new service that brings its cable TV channels and catch-up video to smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs and games consoles. It will not require an existing subscription to Foxtel’s cable TV network, and will be delivered entirely d...
AMD is trying to get noticed again in the notebook space with a new Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) codenamed Richland, which is based on, but improves on the previous APU, codenamed Trinity.
Chip-making giant Intel has announced today’s launch of its Convertible Challenge -- calling for Australians to suggest two ordinary household items that, when combined, would be extraordinary. It’s doing this to promote the Intel Ultrabook Convertib...
Apple early Wednesday announced that the MacBook Pro with Retina Display is now a bit faster--and cheaper, to boot. The updated laptops boast speedier processors and lower price tags.
Sony’s VAIO Duo 11 hybrid tablet is a ‘slider’, with a flip-up screen that exposes a built-in laptop-style keyboard and track-ball mouse controller. Running the full, non-RT version of Windows 8, it can be used equally well as a tablet and an ultrapo...
ASUS today confirmed that its Taichi 21 hybrid Ultrabook is expected to be in Australian stores by 21 January. It has been a long time coming for this 11.6in hybrid product, which we initially reviewed back in November 2012, and it's sure to get a fa...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- Monster gaming laptop from CybertronPC packs latest desktop hardware
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCTeradata DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Support OfficerWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - QlikviewVIC
- FTOracle Middleware ConsultantNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCRisk and Quality Assurance AnalystVIC
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC