Nearly three weeks after security vendor Symantec released a free tool to clean up PCs crippled by the Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) update, Microsoft issued a fix that should reestablish lost Internet and wireless connections.
Notebooks - News
Preempting Intel's official launch of its latest Centrino 2 mobile processors, PC makers and chip resellers are leaking processor details by letting customers preorder the chip through channels and in laptops.
Sony and Sony Ericsson have come out on top of the latest Greenpeace Guide to Greener Electronics, although most companies saw their scores drop due to a new ranking system based on wider criteria.
Lenovo on Monday confirmed plans to launch a new ThinkPad laptop line, the SL series, with features and support services geared toward small and medium-size businesses.
Toshiba Monday unveiled the first laptop computer to use the computing-intensive Cell chip that was first was designed for Sony's PlayStation 3 game console.
ASUS has announced the release of the new Eee PC 901 and the reduced prices of the previous 701 and 900 models.
The LA Times has accused Apple of ignoring the plight of women with its new 3G iPhone, to be launched on July 11.
Arm wants to challenge Intel's server market dominance by plugging its multicore chip designs into servers, but the company faces an uphill battle, including the market's preference for x86 architecture and the lack of software infrastructure to supp...
StreamMyGame.com released a new version of its software yesterday that allows games to be played remotely on 'ultra-mobile PCs', including the popular Asus Eee PC ultraportable. The new update is targeted towards Eee PC and Ebox computers, along with...
Intel could give its Classmate PC a user interface similar to One Laptop Per Child's XO laptop, with the chip maker preparing a version of the Sugar UI found on OLPC's laptops for its educational laptop.
Apple's first Australian retail store, which opens Thursday evening, will be the second largest of its 215 stores across the globe, the company revealed today.
Microsoft on Tuesday introduced its first-ever embedded OS for portable devices that use GPS (global positioning system) and maps to get people where they want to go.
Toshiba on Tuesday launched a new ultraportable laptop that it claims is the world's lightest, putting it in contention with vendors including Apple and Lenovo.
XP is beginning that last long walk toward retirement on June 30, with its end-of-life due date staring it -- and you -- in the face.
The chips that make up the inside of an x86-based computer are changing. The traditional roles of the processor, chipset and graphics chip are blurring as functions change and new roles are created.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell: Mainstream laptops with wireless charging are still years away
- SSD adoption in laptops exceeds expectations
- Apple will refund you for your iMac hinge repair costs
- MacBook Pro teardown reveals pointless speaker grilles and hard-to-replace Touch Bar
- Apple leads tablet sales, but the iPad Pro is not its best seller
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- FTLife/400 Testers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerSA
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTMedia Architect/LeadNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTChange ManagerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCWebMethod DeveloperVIC
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC