A benchmark test designed to compare graphics rendering systems in different operating systems has found that Mac OS X performs, on average, at about half the speed of Windows XP.
Microsoft Tuesday broke silence about the next edition of its flagship operating system, but essentially all it said is it would not talk publicly about Windows 7.
China announced a restructuring plan for the country's fixed-line and mobile operators on Saturday, a final step towards the long-awaited release of 3G (third-generation) mobile licenses.
Graphics chip vendor Nvidia will reportedly introduce a line of processors designed for small, handheld computers at the Computex exhibition in Taipei next week.
Samsung Electronics plans to launch within this year a flash memory-based solid-state disk that boasts a 256G byte capacity and high-speed interface, it said Monday.
Micro-Star International (MSI) plans to launch Wind, an ultra-low cost laptop that runs on Intel's Atom microprocessor, this June in the US, the company confirmed Friday.
Mobile Web surfers in the US spend more time on classified-ad site Craigslist than on any other Web site, and they spent nearly twice as much time browsing as their British counterparts in March.
Telstra has launched a $0 laptop Next G promotion for Telstra business customers. It will be available in conjunction with Harvey Norman, Techhead Interactive and ICT Distribution.
Samsung has released details of a prototype laptop based on AMOLED (active matrix organic light-emitting diode), the technology expected to feature in the next generation of computer displays.
Microsoft has denied that its consumer security software, including Norton Internet Security and Norton 360, is to blame for wreaking havoc on some users' PCs after they upgraded to Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3).
It looks as if Vista's reputation for improved security could be heading for the pages of history. PC Tools has renewed last week's attack on the platform with new figures that appear to back up its claim that Vista is almost as vulnerable as its pre...
In the four months since InfoWorld asked businesses and individuals to sign a petition at SaveXP.com asking Microsoft to keep Windows XP for sale beyond the planned June 30 general end-of-sales date, more than 200,000 have signed up to add their voic...
Power management vendor Verdiem has updated its Surveyor tools that help users regulate energy consumption by Windows-based PCs with features that solve "PC insomnia" and that automatically close open applications.
Former One Laptop Per Child President of software and content Walter Bender has launched Sugar Labs, an organization that will promote the development of the open-source user interface originally developed for the XO laptop.
Microsoft said last week that it will put filters in place to make sure AMD-powered PCs susceptible to an "endless reboot" problem can't receive Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) from the Windows Update service.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
- Why Apple's new MacBook Pro needs more than just one USB-C port
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Chromebooks beat Mac notebooks 1.4-to-1 in U.S.
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia
- CCWAN Contract ManagerACT
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160615/ITA/922Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW