Advanced Micro Devices said it has started shipping triple-core Phenom processors, bringing desktops with the chip closer to release.
Imation has become the latest storage giant to jump into the burgeoning market for computer drives based on SSD (solid state drive) technology.
Intel this week confirmed that it is close to unveiling a new line of solid-state drives for laptop and notebook PCs that will feature a storage capacity up to 160GB.
More than 25 low-cost notebooks based on Intel's upcoming Atom processor are in the works, including models from multinational PC vendors, according to the chip maker's top executive in Asia.
When the Eee PC first landed on the Australian market in December, it made huge waves due to its low price and ultraportable size.
As mobile broadband takes off, Wi-Fi hotspots will become as irrelevant as telephone booths, Ericsson Chief Marketing Officer Johan Bergendahl said Monday.
Microsoft on Friday asked that a lawsuit claiming it duped consumers in a Windows Vista marketing program be suspended while the company appeals a judge's decision to grant the case class-action status.
IBM and Hitachi are expected to announce a research agreement this week in which the companies will collaborate to improve semiconductor technology, including shrinking the features on silicon chips.
Everex is refreshing its Cloudbook line of ultraportable, Linux-based notebooks with redesigned models that may eventually include low-power Intel Diamondville processors, bigger screens and more storage.
A German company wants to bring customer loyalty cards to the Internet while also making it easier for people to log in into multiple Web sites.
Advanced Micro Devices this week unveiled an energy-efficient, dual-core Athlon desktop processor.
Microsoft has told consumers that delays in updating more than 30 bonus language packs will postpone the delivery of Service Pack 1 (SP1) to some Windows Vista users.
To meet the growing storage needs of laptop users, Samsung Electronics on Tuesday introduced a 500G-byte hard drive that could provide a notebook PC with as much as 1T byte of storage.
Intel has warned that low prices for NAND flash memory chips will have a greater financial impact during the first quarter than company officials had initially anticipated.
Even in today's high-tech world of unified communications and wireless mobility, the idea of two kids with laptops sitting under a tree somewhere in Saharan Africa being able to exchange information without any kind of infrastructure or configuration...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70 compact camera
- 3 HP Stream 8 tablet with Windows 8.1
- 4 Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset
- 5 Alienware 13 gaming laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- HP moves on from Apple's Beats, partners with Bang & Olufsen on audio
- Medion's 5th generation Intel Core i3 laptop goes on sale at Aldi on 25 March
- Google's Chromebook Pixel opens USB Type-C to Android, Chrome OS devices
- Six things to know about the USB 3.1 port in the new MacBook
- Apple MacBook shows off Intel Core M, new battery technology
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSales Manager - Seller AdvertisingNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW