Advanced Micro Devices Monday released two more 45-watt, energy-efficient Athlon desktop processors.
As expected, Microsoft Monday announced that it has finished work on Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) and released it to computer makers and volume licensing customers.
Intel is slashing the price of some of its processors up to 50 percent, a slap in the face to rival Advanced Micro Devices, long known as the low-price alternative in the chip market.
Business travellers to Russia might want to keep their laptops and iPhones well-concealed - not from muggers, necessarily, but from the country's recently formed regulatory super-agency, Rossvyazokhrankultura (short for the Russian Mass Media, Commun...
Bull has a gadget for businesses worried about the security of data stored on laptops: a bootable, portable password-protected hard disk drive with an embedded cryptographic processor that protects data if the device is lost or stolen.
Asustek Computer Tuesday launched its biggest low-cost Eee laptop yet, and as expected, will offer it with either Linux or Microsoft's Windows XP Home.
Details of the first few processors belonging to Intel's latest Centrino 2 mobile platform have been leaked on a PC maker's Web site, preempting Intel's official launch of the platform at the middle of this year.
More than two years before Microsoft extended Windows XP's lifespan so makers of new low-cost laptops could install the operating system, a company analyst had warned that Vista's "harsher" system requirements might mean trouble, according to interna...
Calling the situation "untenable" and describing Windows as "collapsing," a pair of Gartner analysts this week said Microsoft must make radical changes to the operating system or risk becoming a has-been.
Hackers are trying to exploit a critical Windows vulnerability just patched on Tuesday, security researchers said this afternoon -- and the only version of Windows not at risk is the unfinished Windows XP SP3.
While more IT companies are now taking significant steps toward going green, there is still a lot of work to do to protect the environment, says Greenpeace International, an environmental activist group.
Advanced Micro Devices this week announced it was shipping the quad-core Opteron chip in volume after fixing a bug, but concerns are being raised about AMD's abilities to stick to its product roadmap, analysts said.
Toshiba has taken the final step towards launch of a high-performance chip derived from the powerful Cell processor that powers Sony's PlayStation 3 games console.
Hewlett-Packard unveiled a low-cost mini-laptop this week that's aimed at the education market.
Still upset about Windows Vista? Don't worry. According to Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates, it should all be over soon.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- Monster gaming laptop from CybertronPC packs latest desktop hardware
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Service Desk (32 hour week)WA
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia