Microsoft Tuesday began offering Windows XP SP3 on its automatic download Web sites and resumed automatic downloads of Vista SP1 after compatibility issues arose last week.
Chip makers Intel, Samsung Electronics and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. announced Monday that they will collaborate to move chip manufacturing onto larger silicon wafers by 2012.
In what is sure to become more fodder for Mac vs. PC ads, Consumer Reports' latest tech-support survey shows that Apple has the best help-desk support for both laptop and desktop systems.
A shortage of lithium-ion batteries currently hurting laptop computer shipments will likely ease in the third quarter, said the head of the world's largest independent notebook battery maker.
Microsoft over the weekend announced that it had posted what it called "slipstream builds" of Windows XP Service Pack 3 for download by subscribers of its IT professional and developer services.
The One Laptop Per Child Project appointed a new president and chief operating officer on Friday to run daily operations at the nonprofit effort, sending a signal that it could be recovering from the loss of top personnel over the past few months.
Dell said it has stopped shipment of two Vostro laptop models in Europe after discovering a faulty keyboard design with a few keys out of place.
Early demand for an Intel chip that's being designed for small laptops and desktops is so much higher than anticipated, the company has been forced to ramp up pre-release production.
Dell's retail partnership with OfficeWorks to deliver its range desktop PCs and laptops will offer Australian customers the chance to configure their own Dell machines in selected OfficeWorks stores - but Ubuntu Linux will not be on offer just yet.
Asustek Computer on Wednesday forecast it will nearly double shipments of the popular Eee PC low-cost laptop in the second quarter, compared to the first.
Dell Australia has selected office stationery and IT supplies chain, OfficeWorks, as its first local retail partner.
Comments by Steve Ballmer at a press conference in Europe last week have led to speculation that Microsoft is reconsidering its June 30 deadline to stop selling most new Windows XP licenses. A spokeswoman from Microsoft's public relations firm said t...
Microsoft said that Windows revenues during the first three months of 2008 were down nearly 24 percent from the same period last year.
Open-source developers should stop bickering, unite and jointly develop a Windows user interface to make XO laptops more appealing to users, One Laptop Per Child Chairman Nicholas Negroponte has urged in a public note to that community.
On a day when companies are promoting their green efforts as part of Earth Day, a nonprofit has accused some organizations of causing more environmental damage in the name of recycling electronic equipment.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
- Why Apple's new MacBook Pro needs more than just one USB-C port
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Chromebooks beat Mac notebooks 1.4-to-1 in U.S.
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCProject Master SchedulerVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCSalesforce Project ManagerQLD
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW