Hitachi Wednesday is set to unveil a 320GB mobile computer hard disk drive that offers 60 percent more capacity and requires some 25 percent less power than its year-old predecessor .
Microsoft has warned users updating to Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) that they won't be able to downgrade from Internet Explorer 7 to the older IE6 without uninstalling the service pack.
A Web measurement firm Wednesday blamed a massive online marketing campaign aimed only at nternet Explorer (IE) users for skewing its April data, which said Mozilla's Firefox and Apple's Safari had lost significant amounts of market share.
Researchers at Princeton University this week reported that they have found a way to literally melt away miniscule defects in computer chips, a discovery that could help manufacturers build more powerful processors.
A virtual uprising that broke out among developers questioning One Laptop Per Child's commitment to open-source software has prompted an official from the nonprofit effort to play peacemaker.
Advanced Micro Devices needs to more than double its share of the microprocessor market to survive, according to a brief filed by the company's lawyers in its antitrust lawsuit against Intel.
Microsoft Tuesday began offering Windows XP SP3 on its automatic download Web sites and resumed automatic downloads of Vista SP1 after compatibility issues arose last week.
Chip makers Intel, Samsung Electronics and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. announced Monday that they will collaborate to move chip manufacturing onto larger silicon wafers by 2012.
In what is sure to become more fodder for Mac vs. PC ads, Consumer Reports' latest tech-support survey shows that Apple has the best help-desk support for both laptop and desktop systems.
A shortage of lithium-ion batteries currently hurting laptop computer shipments will likely ease in the third quarter, said the head of the world's largest independent notebook battery maker.
Microsoft over the weekend announced that it had posted what it called "slipstream builds" of Windows XP Service Pack 3 for download by subscribers of its IT professional and developer services.
The One Laptop Per Child Project appointed a new president and chief operating officer on Friday to run daily operations at the nonprofit effort, sending a signal that it could be recovering from the loss of top personnel over the past few months.
Dell said it has stopped shipment of two Vostro laptop models in Europe after discovering a faulty keyboard design with a few keys out of place.
Early demand for an Intel chip that's being designed for small laptops and desktops is so much higher than anticipated, the company has been forced to ramp up pre-release production.
Dell's retail partnership with OfficeWorks to deliver its range desktop PCs and laptops will offer Australian customers the chance to configure their own Dell machines in selected OfficeWorks stores - but Ubuntu Linux will not be on offer just yet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on with Asus ROG G752 and GeForce GTX 1070 (or holy crap this thing is fast!)
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080, 1070 and 1060 for laptops break the mobile mold
- After delays, Lenovo finally ships its first OLED laptop
- Surface Pro 3's massive battery drain is a software problem, Microsoft says
- Early Android app support rolls out to two more Chromebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- CCJunior SQL DBA - Entry LevelVIC
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCCommunications OfficerACT
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Digital BA (iOS / Android)NSW
- CCWebSphere Message BrokerACT
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT