Lenovo on Monday launched the much-anticipated ThinkPad X300 ultraportable, challenging Apple's MacBook Air as the lightest and thinnest notebook available today.
MacBook Air is stylish, ultra slim, and seems to have it all, but does it actually compete with other notebooks? We compare it with three Windows competitors.
The disk encryption technology used to secure the data in your Windows, Apple and Linux laptops can be easily circumvented, according to new research out of Princeton University.
A US federal judge in Seattle last week granted class-action status to a 2007 lawsuit that claimed Microsoft defrauded consumers by promoting PCs as "Vista Capable" when some could run only the most basic version of the then-still-unreleased operatin...
Blu-ray Disc may have beaten out HD DVD as the high-definition optical disc format to replace DVDs, but it now faces a new test against Internet downloads, market researchers Gartner and iSuppli said.
Although Microsoft has yet to fix an update that sent some Windows Vista machines into endless reboots, on Friday it spelled out several workarounds users can apply to regain control of those PCs.
Microsoft launched the first non-test version of its Windows Live SkyDrive, which provides up to 5GB of free storage capacity, Microsoft officials confirmed in a blog post this week.
The world's first transceiver integrated on a single chip that operates at 60GHz on the CMOS (complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor) process, which is the most common semiconductor technology, was announced today by NICTA.
If you think that encrypting your laptop's hard drive will keep your data safe from prying eyes, you may want to think again, according to researchers at Princeton University.
Microsoft will feed Windows Vista users an update in the next week to finger illegal copies installed with cracks that the company will bust when it rolls out Service Pack 1 (SP1) next month.
Several weeks after AOL gave Netscape Navigator a one-month reprieve, the company this week released the last update for the browser and prodded users to switch to Flock or Firefox.
Australian's who jumped in early with Toshiba's HD-DVD technology are left with an expensive upscaling device, CD/DVD burner and no future movies.
Toshiba's announcement to end production of HD DVD players and recorders will not affect the Xbox 360, even though Microsoft offers an optional stand-alone HD DVD drive for the game console, Microsoft said in a statement Tuesday.
A British company has developed an intelligent security technology that can wipe data if a laptop is moved from its designated space.
By now Toshiba's decision to [[ArtId:1019495862 | no longer develop]], manufacture, or market HD DVD players and recorders is public knowledge. What's next for the company, and for consumers who bought into the format it supported? A close look at T...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- HP refreshes notebook and desktop offerings ahead of Windows 10 launch
- Mozilla to focus on minimizing desertions to Edge with new Windows 10 Firefox
- Intel profit falls as PC slump continues
- Michael Dell: Dell will ship Windows 10 PCs on July 29
- LG's ultra-thin touchscreen panels will enable lighter, thinner notebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW