Advanced Micro Devices said it has started shipping triple-core Phenom processors, bringing desktops with the chip closer to release.
Imation has become the latest storage giant to jump into the burgeoning market for computer drives based on SSD (solid state drive) technology.
Intel this week confirmed that it is close to unveiling a new line of solid-state drives for laptop and notebook PCs that will feature a storage capacity up to 160GB.
More than 25 low-cost notebooks based on Intel's upcoming Atom processor are in the works, including models from multinational PC vendors, according to the chip maker's top executive in Asia.
When the Eee PC first landed on the Australian market in December, it made huge waves due to its low price and ultraportable size.
As mobile broadband takes off, Wi-Fi hotspots will become as irrelevant as telephone booths, Ericsson Chief Marketing Officer Johan Bergendahl said Monday.
Microsoft on Friday asked that a lawsuit claiming it duped consumers in a Windows Vista marketing program be suspended while the company appeals a judge's decision to grant the case class-action status.
IBM and Hitachi are expected to announce a research agreement this week in which the companies will collaborate to improve semiconductor technology, including shrinking the features on silicon chips.
Everex is refreshing its Cloudbook line of ultraportable, Linux-based notebooks with redesigned models that may eventually include low-power Intel Diamondville processors, bigger screens and more storage.
A German company wants to bring customer loyalty cards to the Internet while also making it easier for people to log in into multiple Web sites.
Advanced Micro Devices this week unveiled an energy-efficient, dual-core Athlon desktop processor.
Microsoft has told consumers that delays in updating more than 30 bonus language packs will postpone the delivery of Service Pack 1 (SP1) to some Windows Vista users.
To meet the growing storage needs of laptop users, Samsung Electronics on Tuesday introduced a 500G-byte hard drive that could provide a notebook PC with as much as 1T byte of storage.
Intel has warned that low prices for NAND flash memory chips will have a greater financial impact during the first quarter than company officials had initially anticipated.
Even in today's high-tech world of unified communications and wireless mobility, the idea of two kids with laptops sitting under a tree somewhere in Saharan Africa being able to exchange information without any kind of infrastructure or configuration...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- Monster gaming laptop from CybertronPC packs latest desktop hardware
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - VMwareNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC