Details of the first few processors belonging to Intel's latest Centrino 2 mobile platform have been leaked on a PC maker's Web site, preempting Intel's official launch of the platform at the middle of this year.
More than two years before Microsoft extended Windows XP's lifespan so makers of new low-cost laptops could install the operating system, a company analyst had warned that Vista's "harsher" system requirements might mean trouble, according to interna...
Calling the situation "untenable" and describing Windows as "collapsing," a pair of Gartner analysts this week said Microsoft must make radical changes to the operating system or risk becoming a has-been.
Hackers are trying to exploit a critical Windows vulnerability just patched on Tuesday, security researchers said this afternoon -- and the only version of Windows not at risk is the unfinished Windows XP SP3.
While more IT companies are now taking significant steps toward going green, there is still a lot of work to do to protect the environment, says Greenpeace International, an environmental activist group.
Advanced Micro Devices this week announced it was shipping the quad-core Opteron chip in volume after fixing a bug, but concerns are being raised about AMD's abilities to stick to its product roadmap, analysts said.
Toshiba has taken the final step towards launch of a high-performance chip derived from the powerful Cell processor that powers Sony's PlayStation 3 games console.
Hewlett-Packard unveiled a low-cost mini-laptop this week that's aimed at the education market.
Still upset about Windows Vista? Don't worry. According to Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates, it should all be over soon.
Intel plans to release an anti-theft technology for laptops during the fourth quarter of this year, but the company isn't offering many details yet.
Microsoft has dropped two strong hints in the past two days that the next version of its Windows operating system will arrive in 2009, shaving up to a year off previous expectations.
New PC market figures from IDC show strong consumer notebook sales and education spending in the desktop space made the last quarter of 2007 the strongest PC quarter of the year.
Elizabeth Cochran sensed an opportunity to save lives when she realized laptops can be used as seismometers to detect earthquakes.
Designers of portable computers for military personnel are giving soldiers more options to take into the field, including tablet PCs and fully functional notebook devices so small that they can fit into someone's pocket. But one thing the vendors are...
Microsoft Thursday confirmed swirling rumors by announcing that it is extending the availability of Windows XP Home Edition until mid-2010 for a fast-emerging class of tiny, cheap laptops led by the Asus Eee.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on with Asus ROG G752 and GeForce GTX 1070 (or holy crap this thing is fast!)
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080, 1070 and 1060 for laptops break the mobile mold
- After delays, Lenovo finally ships its first OLED laptop
- Surface Pro 3's massive battery drain is a software problem, Microsoft says
- Early Android app support rolls out to two more Chromebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCIBM ODM Expert (Operation Decision Manager)ACT
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTSenior Test Analyst | End to End TestingNSW
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC