It's the most anticipated matchup in the hacker world: Linux versus Mac OS X versus Vista. Who will get hacked first?
It may be the quickest US$10,000 Charlie Miller ever earned.
Microsoft's Office suite could have plausible challenger on the desktop for the first time since Lotus gave up trying to take on Redmond a decade ago.
Intel has built two new quad-core processors that run faster than previous quad-core chips without using any additional power, the company announced Tuesday.
Microsoft will release Windows XP Service Pack 3 during the second half of April, according to a report from a Web site that has correctly predicted recent Windows ship dates.
After causing controversy for charging US$49.99 to remove trial software from hard disks of new laptops, Sony has backtracked from imposing the fee on customers.
Fujitsu plans to begin selling in late June a new range of high-performance hard-disk drives for laptop PCs that offer more storage space than current models.
In an attempt to improve computer performance, Sun Microsystems is working on technology to let chips communicate using lasers instead of electricity, in what would be a break from conventional computer design.
Microsoft is offering free support to any Windows Vista user experiencing problems with installing Service Pack 1 (SP1), according to a company spokesman.
Voltaic Systems is getting ready to release a solar-powered laptop bag that is designed to charge the computer carried inside it.
Amazon.com is hoping to announce in the next few weeks that its popular Kindle e-book reader is back in stock, according to a company spokeswoman.
Western Digital Wednesday launched a new 3.5-inch Caviar hard disk drive than can store 640GB of data on two platters, twice the capacity of the previous high-end offering.
After considerable rumour and speculation, numerous false starts, and not a small amount of frustration on the part of consumers, Microsoft has released Windows Vista Service Pack 1 into the wild.
More than one-third of the ultramobile PCs coming later this year on Intel's Atom Centrino platform will offer a combination of WiMax and Wi-Fi, the head of the company's Ultra Mobility Group said Tuesday.
Windows Vista was supposed to be a shot in the arm for Microsoft, which had gone five years without a new desktop operating system. It hasn't worked out that way. Instead, Vista sales have been slower than XP's (when adjusted for market size) and the...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Acer's new Predator gaming systems are powerful beasts that will also run your VR headset
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Apple updates MacBook with new processors, adds Rose Gold
- Hands on with NexDock, the laptop that isn't
- The Surface Pro 4 Type Cover gets fancy with premium Signature Edition
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC