Intel's Silverthorne and Diamondville chips will be called Atom and the company's Menlow platform for ultramobile computers will be renamed Centrino Atom when these products hit the market, according to a company spokesman.
Asus introduced the Eee PC in October, but accessories for the ultraportable have just started trickling out as users familiarize themselves with the PC. The accessories, which include an extended battery, mice and travel chargers, provide additional...
Microsoft is cutting the retail price of its Windows Vista operating system by as much as 20 per cent in the US, but will slash at least some versions' price tags by more than 46 per cent in both the UK and the European Union, the company confirmed.
Mozilla is in informal talks with mobile operators about its mobile Firefox project, which the organization hopes will shake up the market as much as the introduction of the desktop browser did in 2004.
If Microsoft thought a lower price for Windows Vista was what the operating system needed to kick-start sales, it should have thought twice, an analyst said.
Last-minute changes to Windows Vista broke drivers, forcing key hardware vendors to "limp out with issues" when the OS launched last year, according to a presentation by Dell that was made public last week.
Making a big splash in the ultraportable notebook category is Lenovo's latest Thinkpad model the X300. Measuring 19mm at its thinnest point and weighing just 1.3 kilograms it is one of the smallest and lightest computing solutions on the market.
The UK Home Office has launched an investigation after a buyer acquired a laptop on eBay that contained a disc with confidential information.
Windows XP is faster than the new Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) in completing common consumer and business tasks on PCs coming out of sleep mode, according to tests commissioned by Microsoft.
Watch out, Apple. The MacBook Air now has some serious company.
As it promised, Microsoft Tuesday started sending Windows Vista users an update that identifies illegal copies of the OS installed with cracks that the company will disable when it distributes Service Pack 1 (SP1) in two weeks.
Toshiba is set to unveil a line of micro-Serial ATA 1.8-in. disk drives that can operate at spin speeds of 5,400 rpm.
After several weeks of speculation, Apple Tuesday refreshed its laptop lines by shifting to faster, more power-efficient 45-nanometer Penryn processors from Intel and bumping up the size of the systems' hard drives.
Lenovo on Monday launched the much-anticipated ThinkPad X300 ultraportable, challenging Apple's MacBook Air as the lightest and thinnest notebook available today.
MacBook Air is stylish, ultra slim, and seems to have it all, but does it actually compete with other notebooks? We compare it with three Windows competitors.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- Monster gaming laptop from CybertronPC packs latest desktop hardware
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- FTPHP ProgrammerSA
- CCProgrammer/Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Moblie) 160115/AP/P/vhaAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW